SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SongKong for Melco issue/questions

Paul, I have just completed all of the firmware updates for the Intelligent music library. I also have the Melco expansion drive running with the Melco N1 Mk2. The expansion drive has quite a significant amount of files. In the past, when running the fix song mode, it would crash. I have communicated with you in the past in this regard. I have tabled this until all of the firmware were installed to try again. I began the program yesterday and it crashed again. I had to reset my network this morning in order to access Songkong. I am attaching a screenshot that shows the amount of files and process that has been running for over an hour. Any advice on this? Is this because the file is too large? Thanks, Robert

Okay, in the first instance please select Create Support Files from SongKong GUI, this will send your support files and I can review the logs again.

Hi, thankyou for your support files.

Okay so it did run out of memory at 7pm 4th Feb,

however SongKong caught this and went on to create the report for what it had managed okay

So I don’t understand what you mean when you say

I began the program yesterday and it crashed again.

What did you see on screen to make you think it had crashed rather than just stopped because of error, or is that what you mean by crash ?

I had to reset my network this morning in order to access SongKong

Do you simply mean restart Melco (which should not be necessary) or something else ?

Now under usual circumstances SongKong should not run out of memory, it ran out processing a Flac file, was the Melco being heavily used for playing music at at the time. It is best not to play music with Melco when using SongKong for large updates at same time.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
	at java.base/jdk.internal.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.flac.FlacTagWriter.insertUsingChunks(FlacTagWriter.java:456)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.flac.FlacTagWriter.write(FlacTagWriter.java:303)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.flac.FlacFileWriter.writeTag(FlacFileWriter.java:43)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.generic.AudioFileWriter2.write(AudioFileWriter2.java:73)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.AudioFileIO.writeFile(AudioFileIO.java:489)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.AudioFileIO.write(AudioFileIO.java:212)
	at org.jaudiotagger.audio.AudioFile.commit(AudioFile.java:115)
	at com.jthink.songkong.analyse.analyser.SongSave.realSave(SongSave.java:333)

SongKong will skip over already matched songs if you rerun, so if it does fail please try rerun, this is explained in more detail at SongKong failed with error, have I got to rerun for all files?

I also notice on the Artwork tab you have Add all artist artwork to folder set to True but no folder selected, please uncheck this option on set a folder if you have a requirement for it.

1. What did you see on screen to make you think it had crashed rather than just stopped because of error, or is that what you mean by crash ?

I had run the program all night and in the morning the screen was frozen, i.e., it would not respond on the computer browser. I checked the Melco settings and it seemed as if Songkong was okay, although it was very slow to respond and then at one point it froze in one of the steps. I restarted it and it took a while to shut down. When it restarted I could not access Sonkkong on my computer with the ip address log in.

1. Do you simply mean restart Melco (which should not be necessary) or something else ?

At this point I was not able to log in with the computer to Songkong, and restarted my net work beginning with the router, switch and then the Melco. I tried again to log on and the computer could not find the page. I checked the Melco and saw that the ip address had changed in the final digit. I entered the new one and was able to log on.

At this point I was frustrated and needed to move. I should have created a Create Support Files from SongKong GUI". I began the fix song mode again.

Now under usual circumstances SongKong should not run out of memory, it ran out processing a Flac file, was the Melco being heavily used for playing music at at the time. It is best not to play music with Melco when using SongKong for large updates at same time.

Both times in this process I was not playing any music. I had my whole system shut down other than the Melco units.

Thanks,
Robert

Just a quick comment about this, after rebooting it does take a few minutes for SongKong to bootup and make itself available on the network, Melcos are not computers and not fast and there is quite alot SongKong has to do at initilization to make itself ready as a web service, best to leave for 5 minutes to be sure.

If you do have a problem with SongKong then possibly restarting Melco will resolve it, but there is absolutely no need or point to restart your whole network/router switch etc. Indeed it is restarting your router or switch that caused your ip address to change

Hi I want to resolve the Melco issue but to get you sorted I would recommend you plug your expansion drive directly into your computer and run SongKong. It will be quicker and likely complete. Your SongKong Melco license can be installed on up to three computers so you don’t need another license to run on your computer.

Thanks Paul,
I will try that. Do I need to install the Songkong for Melco on my Mac computer?
Robert

You just download and install normal SongKong from http://www.jthink.net/songkong onto your Mac then install Melco license.

Regarding your Status Report failing, there seems to be a problem with database I assume due to the OutOfMemory error. The solution in this case is to select the Empty Database option from the Admin menu, may take a few minutes.

Paul, I have sent several stars reports. It nearly completes and cancels task because of an unreported error. I considered running delete song and the following came up:

Is it better to wait and complete the fix songs on the whole file?
What is the issue causing it to cancel?
Thanks,
Robert

If you could wait I will come back to you on Monday, thanks.

Sounds good.
Thanks,
Robert

Hi, one thing that is not helping is on the basic tab you have Save changes to iTunes set to Yes and this eventually causes a number of errors, I don’t think the intention is to update iTunes so you should uncheck this option.

There also a few minor errors noted in the logs that I will address, but these did not cause SongKong to fail.

Feb 8, 2020 8:02:05 AM

Database Error:Value too long for column “”“DISCNO”" VARCHAR(10) SELECTIVITY 1": “‘Jazz Alto Sax’ (13)”; SQL statement: insert into MatchedToDiscogs (id, artistCredit, discNo, discogsId, filename, lastModified, recNo, reportId, title, trackNo, trackTotal, version) values (null, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) [22001-199]

Looking at the report 9 it says 57,248 loaded and 57,115 completed. If 57,248 is the total number of files you have I think it is actually completing without error, and it is a bug in SongKong causing the difference in counts and this causes it to say

cancelled by SongKong because of unreported error

which is wrong really because there seems to be no error.

I would like to resolve this since I cannot replicate this issue could you help me by:

1. Run Help:Delete Reports to recover some space (and ensure you don’t resend me the reports you have already sent)
  2. Start Fix Songs, set For Songs Already Matched to Ignore and see if still gives this error
  3. Start Status Report, and see if this give error
  4. Run Create Support Files

Hi, I think I have resolved the issue and will have a bug fix release (6.8.1) available by tomorrow.
This also includes includes two important fixes for delete duplicates including this one so I would advise it would be best to wait for this release before running Delete Duplicates.

After the fixes do I need to run fix songs again or just delete duplicates?
Thanks,
Robert

You need to run Fix Songs again to see if it solves the last few issues and completes without problem.

Hi, we have now released SongKong 6.8.1 and this should resolve your issue please rerun Fix Songs and then Create Support FIles

Please note, there is an issue first time you run on MacOS due to notarization, as explained in link below

Does the new release require an update prior to running fix songs?

I am not sure what you mean, but you need to update SongKong to 6.8.1 by downloading and installing before running Fix Songs or nothing will change, (note there is no inline updater)

When I checked for updates the below window comes up>