We have now released SongKong 6.8.1 bug fix release
This release is a bug fix release, includes a two important fixes for Delete Duplicates
We have also improved support for browsing by single track works with MinimServer, and dealing with songs where the existing data incorrectly sets album artist as track artist
Note:There is one issue with the MacOS version, last year Apple introduced notarization to protect against malicious software and we added notarization support from SongKong 6.6.1 onwards. Unfortunately just this month Apple has tightened the requirements for notarization, and now the version of Java that SongKong uses cannot be notarized, unfortunately we cannot update to a newer version of Java simply, it will require additional code changes.
Since this may take time and the bug fix release was ready we have released as is but on MacOS when you first start SongKong on MacOS you will get an error, but it is easy to resolve by right clicking on SongKong in the /Applications folder, full details how to solve this at Cannot launch SongKong 6.6 on Mac
Full list of fixes is:
- [SONGKONG-1961] - Issue with saving some files due to discrepancy in coverart counts
- [SONGKONG-1967] - Mp4 System.out.println debug output, should be removed.
- [SONGKONG-1973] - Delete Duplicate By Metadata (artist album) issue if have duplicates for differentalbumartist same album
- [SONGKONG-1974] - Delete Duplicates only shows deleted songs, should also show the songs kept
- [SONGKONG-1975] - Handle unexpected data for trackno, discno, disctotal being too large for match record
- [SONGKONG-1976] - OVERALL_WORK not being set for Classical when track only has a single MUSICBRAINZ_WORK
- [SONGKONG-1963] - Wait if receive 503 Service Unavailable from server
- [SONGKONG-1966] - Invalid icc profile: duplicate sequence numbers
- [SONGKONG-1969] - Melco:Create Support Files should catch Java error report file if occurs
- [SONGKONG-1972] - If track artist same for grouping but albumartist blank set as album artist