We are pleased to announce the release of SongKong 6.10 Odelay, named after my favourite album by Beck released in 1996.
The main purpose of this release is to introduce a brand new Windows installer, solving most installer issues.
We also remove the Izpack linux installer because this required a windowed system to run the installer and did not install desktop shortcuts properly, for now we just provide a simple tar installer that can be extracted to preferred location.
There are also a number of important bug fixes.
Full details at http://www.jthink.net/songkong/news_1120.jsp
If upgrading from previous install please read Upgrading to SongKong 6.10 on Windows
Memory configuration has also changed please see Increasing max memory available to SongKong on Windows
Linux UsersLinux users please note we don't currently provide a full installer because the previous one did not work properly. So instead we just provide a tar that can be extracted to your preferred SongKong location and run from there, we expect to provide full rpm/debs installers soon but would also appreciate guidance on preferred linux installation method from customers.
Docker UsersWe have now improved the docker image so that it can be used to run SongKong cmd line options not just the standard remote interface, see here for details.
Full list of fixes
- [SONGKONG-2002] - Windows:Move to Java 14
- [SONGKONG-2082] - Windows:Replace Izpack installer with JPackage installer
- [SONGKONG-2087] - Make it possible to run songkong.sh from Docker
- [SONGKONG-0605] - Installer:Rationalise short cuts created during Windows installation
- [SONGKONG-1359] - Windows/Linux:Applescript warning
- [SONGKONG-1581] - Windows:Self Extracting Zip installer does not always work
- [SONGKONG-1687] - Windows:Uninstaller doesnt work properly
- [SONGKONG-1996] - Linux:Izpack Installer could run as console but missing console impl of FinishPanel
- [SONGKONG-2069] - songkong64.bat doesnt work on first install, need to run songkong64.ini first
- [SONGKONG-2071] - Windows:javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
- [SONGKONG-2072] - Possible for song to try and save same song twice, must be issue with SingleSong match, DiscogsSongMatch
- [SONGKONG-2073] - Check Version doesnt show if have current version updates period.
- [SONGKONG-2076] - Mandatory fields such as MB RECORDING ID and MB RELEASE ID are missing from Status Report
- [SONGKONG-2077] - NullPointerException at org.jaudiotagger.tag.mp4.field.Mp4GenreField
- [SONGKONG-2078] - StatusReport says unreported error if just unable to load an audio file (because corrupt)
- [SONGKONG-2080] - Melco:Fix Songs Progress bars dont seem to be updating even though SongKong working
- [SONGKONG-2083] - Drop in users internet connection caused NullPointerException
- [SONGKONG-2085] - Remote:Watch Songs progress not updating as songs fixed.