SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How to run SongKong cmdline with Docker

By default when you launch SongKong image in docker it will start the remote interface and can connected to on a web-browser on port 4567

Using Synology DS218+ nas as an example we can see that if we go to the Environment tab it defaults to running SongKong with the -r option so that it starts with the remote user interface

But we can change this by modifying the value of Execution Command/Command, so to run the command line help we would just set it to -h

Now when you start the container and select Details you can see in the log output it printed the help and then exited.

Run Fix Songs

More usefully set the Execution Command/Command to -m /music to start SongKong processing all your music at start up, and you can monitor from terminal.

Once it has finished processing it will generate final report and then exit clearing terminal but all output can still be seen in log window

Watch Songs

Or set the Execution Command/Command to -w /music for SongKong to watch the folder for additions and process as they are added

Watch Songs will continue running until it is interrupted so just press Cntl-C in the Terminal window and that will interrupt processing and let it generate its report before exiting

I’m using SongKong on Qnap251+ (Processor Intel® Celeron® CPU J1900 @ 1.99GHz)
Everything works fine, but sometimes i have to shut down server and i would really like if “monitor watch folder” auto starts, or if I can start it from remote.
I read your guide, but it doesn’t work for me.
I can’t change the execution command without re-install songkong container. But also if I re-install with -w /music command nothing happens.
The terminal opens a window that says:

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: “-w”: executable file not found in $PATH: unknown

I’m a noob so I don’t understand how really work terminal or container, but please could you help me with some basic instructions?
Thanks

Yes, you cannot modify the entry for existing container but you can modify it when creating a new container, I just retried and it worked for me

On a Synology I can see this when I look details of running image

Can you see similar screen on qnap?

But also worth noting if you do run with -w option then the web interface is not available, so why not just run as usual and simply select Monitor Watch Folder from the web front end.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.
There is a similar screen where I can customize the command line, but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Obviously I access remotely by entering the ip address followed by the default port 4567, but when I am really remotely (ie outside my LAN network) I could not cecause under URL I don’t see any addresses.

This until today where my myqnapcloud address popped up and I was able to connect without any problems. It only happened once, then the address disappeared again. But now that I have marked it I know how to access.

Now the problem, if we want, is the opposite, that is, I can access without any restrictions from any browser and I wonder if it is possible to enter at least one password on the songkong screen, to avoid hypothetical intrusions.

I don’t know if you can help me solve this privacy problem, but in the meantime, thanks for your attention.

This is an open issue but there isn’t currently a way within SongKong to set a password. Maybe there is away within Docker configuration on your server but Im afraid this outside the area of expertise.