SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

What major feature/improvement would you most like to see in Jaikoz?

Paul, My issue with the Mac interface goes back years and I know that you’re aware of it. When editing some fields the blinking insertion point cursor is not functional and you have to count manually when moving the cursor to the right position.

Hi, this could certainly be done - I will consider it.

What format would these video files be in, do you specifically mean music videos or any videos ?

Hi, sorry I think this issue has got lost over the millenia, could you please restate the issue with some screenshots and I will have a fresh look at it.

Hi Paul
The boxed number indicates the field supports multiple values, and in the case of multiple composers we store them as multiple values, now if you r music player application understands mutiple values for the composer field then this is better because it can intepret the data better. For example if using Roon and have multiple composers then Roon will provide a hyperlink to each composer, but if i just stored as one value in the form composer1, composer2 then Roon will try to find a single composer called composer1, composer2 and fail.

Now the question is do you actually want to stores multiple composers in a single field, or is the problem just that you cannot view all values for a field without clicking on the box

For 1> we have a similar situation for artists, we have an artist field that stores all the artists in one field which is what most music players expect, and an artists that stores them separately, the artist captures the join characters (such as , &, with) as per the album details, but the artists field allows them to be separated. And for Roon we have the option Save ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST multiple values as separate fields because this requires artist to store multiple values for the hyperlinks to work.

So we could have a composer and composers and do something similar, but not sure there is a need for it.

Now to the general problem of not being able to see all values of multi values fields, this is a problem for many fields and I am considering a solution of having a tooltip come up over the box number that shows all the values, so you can see the value without have to click on the box to edit, what do you think? - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1347

Thanks Paul,

This would be a very unique selling point of Jaikoz as I don’t believe anything else out there can do this (I haven’t looked that hard yet) and people would pay for it.

Once someone has their music displaying the correct titles, artist and album art on their phone or other device; their/my main need is to be able to quickly grab a play list of tracks from what can be a huge music collection to dump onto their phone and head to the gym, road trip, holiday, welcome a first date, cycle ride, samba practice, get ready for Christmas guests or whatever their mood or need is that the playlist needs to reflect.

Appreciate any thought you can give it and any input others may have.

Okay so that issue is now resolved.

I have many fields that are blank when pulling information from MB. For example, widipedia/wididata doesn’t seem to pull over. It’s mostly at the artist level…are all the available fields available for pulling over. Fields that are mostly blank for me are Release Official Url, Release Widipedia Url, Artist Official Url, Artist Wikipedia Url, Lyrics Url, IPI, ISWC. ISNI isn’t even a field in Jaikoz. I might have to check this info. per artist but I want to make sure this information should be pulling. I know MB has been very weird lately with making sure people are entering Wikidata over Wikipedia links. Maybe this is a problem that needs to be fixed? Any other fields that should be pulled over?

I’m not aware of any issue with Release Official Url, Release Wikipedia Url, Artist Official Url, Artist Wikipedia Url , can you give me an example where a song has a MusicBrainz Track Id so has been matched to a track on a MusicBrainz release and MusicBrainz has the data but Jaikoz is not getting the data.

We don’t currently get Lyrics Url, IPI, ISWC or ISNI from MusicBrainz.

Actually you are correct, the code for adding Artist url relations is broken (except for Discogs Artist Url), looking at it now - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1348

1 Like

Maybe we should if they are available in the API since they do store this information on their website.

Maybe but these fields are quite sparsely populated in MusicBrainz and I am not sure they are that useful really, if they were added to your music files when would you actually use them ?

MusicBrainz is always going to have more metadata then the audio files, and within MusicBrainz the data can be stored in a much more flexible way than an audio file. Jaikoz trys to get the most useful information and add to your music files in a consistent way.

Ive created an issue for this now https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1359

1 Like

Thankyou for your reply.

I get it now.

Agree that it’s not worth reinventing the wheel for composers, if something like Roon can already recognise multiples (I’ve been trying to justify getting Roon as I know I’d love it, but with the current USD/AUD exchange rate I’m not there yet!). I’ll also stop manually combining them myself, if I’ll come to regret it later.

The tooltip option sounds like a worthy compromise for under-resourced OCD types like me if you should decide to go that route.

Thanks again.

Paul

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: What is so special about Roon?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Could you add a menu item where if an album = soundtrack…that it will properly format the album title?

There have been major improvements to the User Interface (1st place in the poll) :

• Tables are now tabbed so no longer have to have single very wide table
  • Audio tab moved to the Edit tab so can now view audio metadata without having to split screen with Show View Pane

And we have now implemented Multi-Column Sorting (4th place in the poll)

available in Jaikoz 11.1.0 Hole released March 3rd 2022

1 Like

Cover art improvements was 5th most popular request and support for FanArt.tv added with Jaikoz 11.3.0 Ride released March 14th 2022

FanArt images are guaranteed to be 1000px 1000px and top notch quality, dont have nearly as many images as MusicBrainz but they do have have most releases that had any level of popularity.

1 Like

Mac M1 build done as part of Jaikoz 11.5 Radiohead released May 11th 2022

2 posts were split to a new topic: New Filename mask Requested