SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Tutorial 18: Other Sort Fields

Previous
Next

We can use this approach for any other of people such as conductors and performers in our metadata. Luckily SongKong and Jaikoz provides the required data, for example Conductor Sort is not a standard metadata field but SongKong and Jaikoz provide it so it can be used by MinimServer

Conductor

We take the same approach as we did with ComposerSort , but because we are using a non-standard field we use its actual tag name which for all formats is CONDUCTOR_SORT (note the underscore), case does not matter.

i.e.

indexTags:Conductor
itemTags:Conductor_sort
tagValue:Conductor.value.sort={Conductor_Sort}

Orchestra

We can apply the same mechanism for the Orchestra field. Orchestras are not individuals so the first name / last name problem does not occur. But the problems of sorting non-latin names and avoiding orchestras with ‘The’ at the start of the name all being grouped under ‘T’ do. So to resolve these issues simply modify configuration adding the following, as shown below:

i.e.

indexTags:Orchestra
itemTags:Orchestra_sort
tagValue:Orchestra.value.sort={Orchestra_sort}

Artists

For artists, assuming we have done the multiple track artists mapping as discussed here there is a multi value sort field we can use, configure as follows:

i.e.

aliasTags:artists:-artist,artists_sort:-artistSort
indexTags:All Artists:Artists
itemTags:artistSort
tagValue:artist.value.sort={artistSort}

In the same way we prefer to use artists field but use artist field if artists missing we also prefer to use artists_sort field but can use artistsort field if artists_sort is missing so we only have to specify artists_sort as an alias to artistSort, then reference artistSort everywhere else.

Album Artists

For album artists, assuming we have done the multiple album artists mapping as discussed here there is a multi value sort field we can use, configure as follows:

i.e.

indexTags:Album_artists:Album Artists
itemTags:album_artists_sort
tagValue:Album_Artists.value.sort={Album_Artists_Sort}

Previous
Next