SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SongKong won't run for the first time after Windows 64-bit install

New user, just bought and installed. On launching for the first time, I just get the error messages “Failed to launch JVM”, then"Child process exited with code 1"

Hi, please run SongKongDebug instead of SongKong, this will open a dos window, and the paste any output

It runs, dos window fills with text then immediately crashes, no time to read or copy anything

Okay, please do following:

• Open Dos Window
  • Type cd "C:\Program Files\Jthink\SongKong"
  • Type SongKongDebug

You can now copy and paste the output because the window will not close after failure

Pasted results:
"Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024m
debuglogfile is:C:\Users\mattj\AppData\Roaming\SongKong\Logs/songkong_debug%u-%g.log
userlogfile is:C:\Users\mattj\AppData\Roaming\SongKong\Logs/songkong_user%u-%g.log
java.awt.AWTError: Assistive Technology not found: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.newAWTError(Toolkit.java:479)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.fallbackToLoadClassForAT(Toolkit.java:495)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:183)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:179)
at java.base/java.util.HashMap$KeySpliterator.forEachRemaining(HashMap.java:1707)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:509)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:150)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:173)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:596)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.loadAssistiveTechnologies(Toolkit.java:544)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:605)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.UIManager.(UIManager.java:389)
at com.jthink.songkong.ui.MainWindow.setupLaf(MainWindow.java:266)
at com.jthink.songkong.ui.MainWindow.setupScreen(MainWindow.java:319)
at com.jthink.songkong.cmdline.SongKong.guiStart(SongKong.java:1125)
at com.jthink.songkong.cmdline.SongKong.finish(SongKong.java:1251)
at com.jthink.songkong.cmdline.SongKong.main(SongKong.java:1276)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:641)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:188)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:520)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:467)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.fallbackToLoadClassForAT(Toolkit.java:492)
… 17 more

Failed to launch JVM
Child process exited with code 1"

Googling part of that debug report, I appear to have solved the problem myself, with reference to this website

“Assistive Technology not found: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge”

The best fix for this problem is to disable the Access Bridge technology in the Java configuration files. To do this, follow these steps:

“1. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>
2. Open the file called .accessibility.properties using a standard text editor (Notepad is fine)
3. Find the following lines in the config:
assistive_technologies=com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge
screen_magnifier_present=true
4. Add a hashmark ( # ) in front of theses lines
5. Save your changes to the file, restart the User Client Software”

Did the workaround work for you?

I think this problem with AccessBridge has come up before, I dont have the .accessibility.properties file on my system so have never encountered it. Im guessing you use some assistive technology that has then installed AccessBridge at some point, unfortunately AccessBridge does not seem to work very reliably with Java applications.