SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

songkong qnap

Hi Paul, I wanted to test the songkong install on my qnap following your guide found here http://www.jthink.net/songkong/install_docker_qnap.jsp but do not seem to have access via myqnapip/4567.

Is there anything else that isn’t in your guide that I should be doing? I’ve tried opening the port on my router but this doesn’t work…thx

No nothing else required, did you definently do step 16 ?

Ok, the port was only added on the container and not the host for some reason…all sorted. thx! :slight_smile:
It just doesn’t show my file structure…only a “music” folder

For info this is what I set up during the container creation:
\t
/music\t/share/Multimedia/Audio

but what about setting up the port as described in step 16 ?

Yes this is correctly setup (see attached screen)

however I am not sure I should have this 2nd config line, should I?

Can you take a look in /songkong/logs and send me the files within it

How do I get there Paul? I tried via the terminal and the file station but haven’t found it…

Ah, looking at your screenshot I dont think you did step 14, this is optional but is required to view logs outside of SongKong, so could you redo but ensuring you did step 14.

recreated it and nothing’s in the songkong folder…

Is it actually running ?

yep. ran a report and the result is:

Status Report Summary
Summarizes metadata completeness of your songs, for each field it shows the percentage of songs that have this metadata. You can improve your metadata by using the automatic Fix Songs task

Song Metadata Completeness Summary
Selected Folder : /music
Unable to load any songs

Console

debuglogfile is:/home/songkong/songkong_debug%u-%g.log
userlogfile is:/home/songkong/songkong_user%u-%g.log
songkong:remote dbinit
songkong:remote started
ServerEmptyDatabase:startTask

Okay so you can actually connect and run it then but when you start songkong under the /music mount point it doesn’t show any of your music ?

…and also its weird that console is showing debug log file as being in /home/songkong rather than just /songkong

can you email support@jthink.net screenshot of start page

correct.

Not sure whether you wanted the container o the actual songkong page so included both in the email

Hmm, I wanted to check it was seeing as a docker install and because just showing music end point it looks like it is, and I assume you have correctly mapped /Music to your actual music folder, could it be a permissions issue, does songkong docker have permissions to see files in that folder ?

Bit confused why it says the logs are in /home/songkong rather than /songkong though. Unfortunately on my Qnap (that I havent used since Xmas) it is currently hanging when I try to open Container Station so I cannot at the moment check anything on my side.

I’ve just sent you another screen with the shared folder’s setup so you can check it.

The music’s folder is in the multimedia share, accessible by admin in read/write. How do I check the docker’s permission on it?

I must confess I’m not entirely sure, I am new Qnap myself but it seems like Docker doesn’t have permissions to see those files, actually can you run Create Support Files from the main SongKong start page this should send me your logs files and I can check if there is a permissions issue.

ok, report sent