SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SongKong Freezing when not in Preview

Hi Paul,
after following your instructions SongKong is starting. I updated the licence, and everything seemed fine.
However, now the problem I reported earlier is back. SongKong works in preview modus. But once I start it in normal modus it freezes after a short time. Any idea how to solve iut this time?
Thanks & regards
Ingo

Hi, the only real diference between preview and non preview is the chnages are saved back to the audio files.

When you say freezing do you mean SongKong seem to hang then eventually continues or something else?
Are the audio files stored on the nas, and if so is the network connection reliable?
Can you run Create Support Files please

Hi Paul,
SongKong hangs suddenly and doesn’t go on. It happens if working on files on NAS as well as files on local harddrive (C: or D:). Checking at the task manager Sonkong is again “stopped”.
Regards
Ingo

Hmm, Is this a very under powered computer, or running an old version of Wiindows ?

Nobody else has reported these issues so Im thinking that your hardware/software is maybe the cause of these problems.

Hi Paul,

besides antivirus, vpn, browser, office 365 and Acronis there is not much installed. Any idea what software could cause the trouble? I already tried with disabled antivirus but it had no influence.

Regards

Ingo

The only difference between preview and non preview is changes are actually saved to your music files, so I would guess that either your antivirus is still scanning each file that is modified on the filesystem, or Acronis is trying to backup modified files ?

@Ingo did you manage to resolve this?

Hi Paul,

thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I couldn’t solve it. Also, SongKong 8.1. doesn’t work…

Regards

Ingo

Have you investigated your Anitvirus and Acronis software, when you disable Antivirus software sometime computer requires a reboot for the disable to properly take effect.

Hi Paul,

I think it is Acronis. I stopped all Acronis processes at the task manager - then SongKong worked… let me check it out a few more days. If you don’t hear from me again please consider this topic as solved.

Regards & thank for your ongoing support…

Ingo