SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SongKong 8.0.0.0 doesn't start

Hi Paul,

after running SongKong v6.8.2 Rumours Docker on my QNAP arm32 for a while I installed SongKong 8.0.0.0. to my laptop. But SongKong doesn’t start. However, I found SongKong listed at the task manager, but the status is “stopped” (I hope it is the correct translation). Any idea what is going on here?

My system is Windows 10, version 21H2, built 19044.1415

Thanks & regards

Ingo

No im sorry I dont know, but I would expect just rebooting your PC would resolve the issue.

Hi Paul,
thanks for your reply. No, reboot didn’t work, also reinstalling didn’t help…
Regards
Ingo

Okay, when you install there is a SongKongGui, SongKong and SongKongRemote option installed in the Jthink group

I assume you are running SongKongGui?

Run SongKong instead, this run the gui as well but open a dos command window as well, then you can capture the output from that window and paste it to the forum.

Hi Paul,
please find attached screen shoot of dos command window. Thanks for checking!
All the best for 2022!
Regards
Ingo

And the SongKong application window doesn’t come up ?

Do you have some strange monitor setup or something ?

What happens if you run SongKongRemote instead and then open web browser and enter http://localhost:4567

Hi Paul,

no, the SongKong application window doesn’t come up.

There are two monitors connected via USD hub on display ports. But it seems not to have any influence as SongKong also doesn’t start when the monitors / USB hub are disconnected (when using laptop only).

When starting SongKongRemote the dos window opens but SongKong doesn’t start. The page http://localhost:4567 can’t be loaded.

Regards

Ingo

Can you send me C:\users\izuck\AppData\Roaming\SongKong\songkong_debug0-0.log and songkong_user0-0.log in the same folder.

Hi Paul,
please find attached the requested two logs. I put them into xlsx to upload them.
By the way - both logs were in a different folder than you mentioned. Please find picture attached as well.
Again, thanks for checking…
Regards
Ingo

log.xlsx (21.6 KB)

Looking at your logs the upgrade from earlier version is not working properly, what I would suggest is you

• Uninstall SongKong
  • Manually delete C:\users\izuck\AppData\Roaming\SongKong folder
  • Install SongKong

this will install SongKong without having to run the update code, so lets see if that resolves issue

A post was split to a new topic: SongKong Freezing when not in Preview