SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Song Kong not loading songs

Since one of the last updates, Song Kong is no longer loading any songs when selecting a folder filled with flac files. It just immediately creates a report with no changes.

I haven’t got a clue why the is suddenly happening.

Okay, please run Create Support Files so I have your logs
Also, try File:Empty Database then restarting to see if that solves it.

Hi Paul,

I just created the support files. i’ll now try emptying the database.

kind regards

Having looked at your logs I think recreating database should fix this.

Hi Paul,

After emptying the database, he loads songs and seems to save them but there are no changes made to the metadata at all.

Okay, please send support files again.

Done!

Hi, okay you have found a bug SongKong is only matching AcoustId Song Only but report is incorrectly reporting matching MusicBrainz Song Only. Another issue is preventing it from actually matching to MusicBrainz, expect fix in next release.

Not exactly the same problem here, but have been experiencing it for a couple months now. Have sent the support files, but haven’t heard back. SongKong doesn’t load files. The window showing progress pops up, but the result is always all zeros. Plus I cannot get SongKong to quit trying. I must use Task Manager to kill it.

Sorry I thought I had replied, please run File:Empty Database

Second issue… I’ve tried installing version 5.15 five times now. Each time it completes installation - as it always has in the past. But upon opening SongKong I see it’s still 5.14(pro) and I’m again reminded that there is an update available. How do I get the update to “stick”?

I just added three years to my subscription, thinking that may have been the problem. After trying to install SongKong 5.15 for a sixth time, I see that that isn’t it. Still “stuck” on version 5.14.

It sounds like for some reason your webbrowser is just downloading a cached older version of the installer please try using a different webrowser

Just re-downloaded using Tor. Unfortunately it didn’t work. Seventh install - still 5.14. I’ll try Firefox and see if that’s any different.

Please email support@jthink.net details of the installer file, and then installer sounds like you are doing something fundamentally wrong here, but not sure what.

Perhaps I should start a new topic for my inability to update SongKong past 5.14?

Hi. I have emailed you twice requesting you email me a screenshot but have yet to receive a reply, did you receive the emails ?

Let me know what it is you wish to have me make a screenshot…

Please read the email.

Never got it.

Sent on 11th and 14th of March