SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Song Kong not loading songs

So I received your screenshot and then I requested some more information from you, did you receive this follow up email ?

Did not receive. Try using RL@Lyster.com. (I checked spam and trash - still nothing.)

It was sent to that address, okay I have just resent from a different email address.

Hate to say it, but I still didn’t get your email. As before, I also searched spam and trash.
Should I try uninstalling and then completely deleting all of Song Kong, then installing the new version?

You said that last time., and then you did find it !

Can you

1. Open Songkong64.bat in Notepad and send screenshot

2. Open Songkong64.ini in Notepad and send screenshot

3. Try running songkong64.bat , what version does it show.

4. Try running Songkong64.exe, what version does it show.

Running SongKong64.bat shows version 5.15 (Lite). Database ws recreated. Then running SongKong64.exe asks for license information, which I inserted, but when it ran it was still version 5.14.

Okay so the SongKong64.ini file is incorrect it should say songkong-5.15.jar but yours says songkong-5.14,jar so starts the previous version, but it is correct in the version from the site. Perhaps you had the file locked so when you installed new version it could not overwrite the file ?

But the solution would be to:

• Copy the C:/Program Files/Jthink/SongKong/SongKong64.ini file to somewhere else
  • Change songkong-5.14.jar to songkong-5.15.jar
  • Then copy the file back replacing the original

And that should now work

Indeed it did work! Thank you, Paul.