SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Questions on Deleting Duplicates on Melco

Without the support files I am just guessing what the issue is because I don’t know what metadata you have in your files or what you have done.

I am simply showing two albums „Slowhand“ in my Eric Clapton folder with different covers and the same songs in esch album folder. One of them seems to sit in the CD import section, the other in the main music library section of my Melco. The same is true for a second Clapton album. I only wanted to keep one of each - the one with the better sound quality.
By the way, I have just created the support files. Does this tell you more about the issue?

Hi so when you run Create Supports it only uploads the last 5 reports of each type

1. I couldn’t see a Fix Songs or Status Report for the Eric Clapton folder, I don’t know if you ran Fix Songs against the files previously but could you please run one of these so I can then see the files in the folders and the metadata in the files

2. I can see you have run Delete Duplicates on /mnt/disk1/share/import/all/Musikbibliothek/Eric Clapton and it found no duplicates.

But from what you are saying it appears that /mnt/disk1/share/import/all/Musikbibliothek/Eric Clapton only contains one copy of the album, and the other album is in a different folder?

If that is the case then clearly Delete Duplicates will not find a duplicate because the folder you are checking does not contain any duplicates !

You can get round this by either:

1. Running Delete Duplicates against complete disk

e.g /mnt/disk1/share

1. Selecting both folders, as I stated earlier in thread unfortunately you cannot currently do this by selecting using webui, but you can manually enter them both and surround with double quotes.

e.g "/mnt/disk1/share/import_CD" "/mnt/disk1/share/Music"

Thank you for all the information. I guess I am a bit concerned that running Delete Duplicates against the complete disk will noct only take forever with over 33000 titles, but also bears a risk of messing up my entire music library if anything goes wrong.
Would itt not be easier to move the two dozen albums I have imported via CD drive into the main library and then run the Delete Duplicates task on a mach smaller batch?
I am just not sure how to do this. With my QNAP library I can just go via the Finder on my Mac and reorganize or delete the music library directly. The Melco library I do not seem to be able to access at all via my Mac. I know you talked about „mounting“ the library to be able to manipulate its content, but I don‘t know how to do this either.

Forward looking can I change the settings such that new imported CD‘s are incorporated into the main music library by default rather then being stored in the CD import folddr?

You could run in Preview mode but I get your point.

I gave you a solution for Eric Clapton just need to specify the two locations in one go

e.g "/mnt/disk1/share/import_CD/Eric Clapton" "/mnt/disk1/share/Music/Eric Clapton"

If you want to run against more then you can mount drive as follows:

But I’m still hoping you will run Status Report task because even if same folder I expect your duplicate settings are incorrect for the metadata in your files anyway.

Sorry I don’t know if that can be changed, that is a Melco question best option is probably the Melco Audio Users group

Just ran another status report.

I can see you updated to SongKong Amnesiac 10.4 and then ran Delete Duplicates00196 report, but I cant see a Status Report.

Are you sure you ran Status Report task (first task on toolbar) and did you run it before running Create Support Files again ?

Sorry - no, I probably missed the former. Just did it again.
By the way, with the help of your geat instructions i was able to see the Melco libraries on my Mac. Would it not be the easies to delete the 2 duplicative Eric Clapton folders right there by moving the ones from the CD Import library into the bin?

Sorry I still cant see a Status Report, do you understand what I mean when I say run a Status Report ?

If all you want to do is delete some particular files, well yes I suppose so

I was trying to show you how Delete Duplicates work so you can then use it on your collection to find duplicates you didn’t know about.

Yes, I think I know how to run a status report. It is the first task option, named “Berichte” in my German menu. My last action did show up on my screen when I ran it. Then I hit the Create support files button again. Not sure really what I might have missed.
And yes, it would certainly be good to understand how to find duplicates in my music libraray that I am not yet aware of. I guess I need to untick the box “search for duplicates only in the same folder” when running the Deletete Duplicates task.

Okay I’m going to do some tests to see of there issue with Create Support Files, on the meantime could you run Fix Songs in preview mode instead, and run Create Support Files again.

But you are right that option should not be enabled in Delete Duplicates

Just did as you suggested.

This created FixSongs00197 report.

Thanks it does seem no status report was created because if created after Delete Duplicates the Fix Songs report would be FixSongs00197 but it doesn’t matter, I can see the details of one copy of Slowhand

But I cannot see details for the other copy because its not in the same folder, so if you could run Fix Songs against the other one as well we can see if they have been matched to exact same album

You mean by specifying the following location when running the Fix Song task?

“/mnt/disk1/share/import_CD/Eric Clapton” “/mnt/disk1/share/Music/Eric Clapton”

That was just an example, I dont know what the paths are (although I can see that /mnt/disk1/share/import_CD/Eric Clapton is one from last report).

Anyway, you could do this but I only need the other folder because you have already done the first one

I have done both tasks, so you should see them now.

Okay matched same MB Release for both

So Delete Duplicates should work, you just need to select both folders when you run it.