SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Problem with installing recent versions of Songkong

Hi

I have experienced problems with installing recent versions on Songkong.

I receive the following error message:

com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.IzPackException : An error occured

• in java.lang.Thread. run () at Thread.java:834
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase. run () at UnpackerBase.java:241
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase. unpack () at UnpackerBase.java:319

Caused by: com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.InstallerException : Installation cancelled

• in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase. unpack () at UnpackerBase.java:299
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase. unpack () at UnpackerBase.java:475
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase. unpack () at UnpackerBase.java:528
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase. unpack () at UnpackerBase.java:627
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase. extract () at UnpackerBase.java:673
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.LooseFileUnpacker. unpack () at LooseFileUnpacker.java:132

Can anyone help please - Malcolm

What operating system are you running on ?

It’s running on the current version of Windows 10.

Are you sure you are selecting the Windows installer rather than the Linux one ?

If so can you post an actual screenshot showing the error occurring

I’m pasting below key screen shots - let me know if you need the other stages of the failed installation process:

It would only let me paste one image so I’m sending this seperately:

Hmm, I wonder if your virus protection is doing something funny.

• What virus protection tool do you use ?
  • Could you temporarily disable it to see if that is the issue ?