SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz freezing when saving albums and multidisc albums

No you dont

You were complaining that it freezed on saved, this was to test that, now you have moved the goalposts again and says it freezes on matching musicbrainz. Its very difficult to help you when you complain about something different with every post.

But one idea is maybe there is an issue with your Virus software, try disabling that to see if it resolves the freezing on matching.

The goalposts have never been moved. I may have forgotten to mention it in all the details I was doing my best to remember to include in all of my responses. I’m doing my best, but I’ve got a lot going on with my life and I may miss something occasionally in the details I write down. If you are blaming me for that, please accept my apology.

I cannot and will not disable my antivirus, and I probably should be very wary and suspicious that you suggested it. I am also very wary that you seem to repeatedly imply that I might not be using the software properly. I apologise that you are as frustrated as I am but I don’t appreciate the accusations. I came here looking for help. That is all I came here for and I have implemented all the suggestions I was able to.

I find it necessary to reiterate that your software, other than refusing to connect with multidisc albums about half of the time or more from the beginning, worked unfailingly the rest of the time without freezing up during the save and during the connection to musicbrainz or discogs.

Is there a slightly older version that I can download and reinstall, please? I have asked at least one time prior to this and have received no response.

Thank you.

I have definenlty seen issues in the past where AntiVirus software has been far too vigorous and have blocked incoming or outgoing connections so Im thinking this is quite likely to be your issue. You may be able to just configure the AntiVirus software correctly, but as they all work differently I cannot help you with this that is why it is best to temporary disable Virus protection just to see if that is the issue. If you really are suspicious that I am asking you to disable it for underhand reasons then I really dont know what to say to you.

If you are not happy to try this and dont have another computer you can try Jaikoz on as I previously suggested then there is little I can do to help with fixing Jaikoz 11

You could try Jaikoz 10 (for Windows)

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/manualdownload-10_0/jaikoz-windows64.exe?val=168

but I would suggest that if this does work it is because the Virus software is not happy with Jaikoz 11 rather than there being a particular problem with Jaikoz 11, because as I reiterate noone else has reported these types of problems.

Apologies. I wish you had explained the justification prior. Without the explanation it made no sense. With it, it’s much more logical. I didn’t disable the antivirus, but I did add Jaikoz as an exception. It works much better now. However, there still seem to be issues. I connected and saved two individual albums. Granted, I loaded those into Jaikoz one at a time, rather than both at the same time. One was 19 tracks and the other was 8. Seamless and no problems. I then loaded a 95 track box set. Now we are having issues. I did what I usually do with connecting to musicbrainz. It froze. Restarted and connected to a specific musicbrainz album. No problems. Corrected subfolders and file names from metadata no problems. First, I attempted a regular save and it saved all of the first disc and about 1 or 2 of the second disc. Did the above again the same after restarting because it froze again, but this time, I used force save. Each tine I use force save, I manage to save a few more tracks properly.

So a main problem is solved and another appears or the main problem has mutated or evolved.

I am not sure what else to try at this point.

Additionally, I have several artist’s albums that I want to load and match, but I am not sure that Jaikoz can handle several hundred tracks loaded at one time at this point.

Okay, perhaps resend support files again with details of the 95 track boxset so I can check for errors again.

I am about to send those support files. Incidentally, this is the musicbrainz entry I have been using for it. https://musicbrainz.org/release/248c35a3-de08-41de-9f02-ab82b54d093f

I am going to wait to see what may be going on to attempt this one again, https://musicbrainz.org/release/9c3f38c7-342b-4a2d-a160-6314abef8cf9, which is about 178 tracks.

Thanks again for your patience,

Michael

Hi, okay I can now see that Save does start but doesnt complete, but there are no errors to give us any indication of what the problem is.

I am going to have to add some debugging https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1330 and issue a new release will do this next week.

This I wasn’t expecting. I figured all along it was a simple fix on my end. I suspect it will be a simple fix for you, but thank you. I appreciate this.

Could I also ask you a favour when you have a chance? Please fix my Forum Username in the debugging record to MichaelPerazzetti.

Okay, actually there is more debugging we can make use in the current version first. Please follow the instructions at How do you increase debugging levels on WIndows to increase debugging, run Jaikoz Debug and reattempt the Force Save of that folder and then recreate and resend support files.

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean.

In the debugging record where you list the crashing/freezing issue, you spelled my name as MikeParazetti. Could you please correct it to MichaelPerazzetti?

I found a Jaikoz.cfg file. However, I did not find a JaikozDebug.cfg file. Is that the correct file to adjust or is it a different one?

It is meant to match the forum username, so have corrected it to mperazzetti

There should be a JaikozDebug.cfg file in the same folder as Jaikoz.cfg, and ideally the JaikozDebug.cfg should be used, please recheck.

Found it. Thank you. Adjusted parameters and it froze in a different way. It wasn’t the timer this time but double arrow and all the buttons on the program are grayed out. Task manager finally indicates it is suspended. Support files created and on the way to you shortly.

Thank you.

Hi, I have received the logs but the additional level of logging is not there.I am guessing that you selected Jaikoz rather than JaikozDebug when you started Jaikoz ?

Apologies. I could not find JaikozDebug. Where is it in the application? I looked for it and couldn’t find it.

On the Start menu

JaikozDebug

Now I know. Thank you. Support files are on the way shortly.

Oh dear you have done exactly the same mistake again. You keep running Jaikoz and doing the save test, then you close Jaikoz and start JaikozDebug and then run Create Support Files. But if you are not running JaikozDebug when you do save files then the debug information is obviously not going to be recorded.

To reiterate again

1. Start JaikozDebug
  2. Run Force Save
  3. If it hangs kill it off and restart JaikozDebug
  4. Run Create Support Files and send them to me.

Repeated a few times and possibly too many as it corrupted one track and it wouldn’t load. This happened earlier on this journey when I began with another larger box set. I had to start over with that one and I have to do the same with this one.

If this doesn’t give you what you want, I am not sure where to look. At some point if almost everything is matched, there really isn’t anything to freeze at that point.

Check your email, please.

Hi, I received logs yesterday and debugging was there and save hadn’t completed, thankyou. Unfortuanately although the extra debugging was there I could not see the problem.

Now, it seemed you had a reproducible case, run Autocorrect on a a particular box set and then run Force Save and it would freeze. Is it still reproducible or are you saying that this particular boxset no longer fails ?

I need to simply know if the case Is it still reproducible or not, do you have a consistent way of causing the freeze or not ?

If the problem can be reproduced then we have a way of knowing if we have resolved the problem, also it may be possible for me to reproduce the problem with your files. But if the error happens randomly then it is much harder to find a solution to the problem.

My suspicion is still that the problem is the virus checker, it would be very helpful if you could totally disable the virus checker for a short period to see if that resolves the issue.