SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz freezing when saving albums and multidisc albums

I have cleared the cache (That always freezes Jaikoz so I have no idea if that actually works.), but this has been persisting for the last several days and may even be getting worse.

Is there a fix for this because it’s slowing down everything I attempt to do.

How many files are you loading into Jaikoz ?

Recently? I have been attempting to load a 7 multidisc collection with 95 tracks. I manage to connect it to musicbrainz and register a match. I can transfer the info to subfolders and files, but when I hit save, only a short number of tracks from one disc save and I have to start over because Jaikoz has froze up again. I never receive an error message for this. It’s happening every single time I load 1000 or less into jaicoz, connect, and save.

In the past, I have been known to load up 10,000 or less with no problem. I save those albums one at a time.

Additionally, there have been times over the last several years where a multidisc album is clearly present in musicbrainz and discogs, but a match doesn’t register at all. I have to configure those manually. I never asked you about this, but when I encounter it, it’s odd and extremely frustrating.

Okay, run Advanced:Create SUpport Files and send me the zip file

Mullti disc albums are harder to match, especially boxsets.We have made some improvements to this in SongKong that are not currently part of Jaikoz.

Thank you. This has been a pain in the neck for me almost forever. I hope it’s something that can be fixed. Please see attached zipped support file in an email I just sent to .

(I’ll respond to the file name mask edit later tonight. I’m late getting ready for work.)

I think I may have replied to this incorrectly. I replied via email with the Support File zipped as well as checking in here to ask you to check the email for that, but I don’t see my response here. Did you receive Support Files zipped via email? Jaikoz is still freezing with any album upon attempts to save anything.

I have received your support files thanks, havent had time to deal with it yet.

Apologies. Thank you. I know you are busy. I just wasn’t sure if it had gotten lost in the shuffle.

I appreciate this very much.

I’ll await your response,

Michael

I think the issue is that you are running correct filename from metadata on many songs that have no title or artists metadata so then it ends up with many files with the same name, and then it has to add a counter to the end of the filename so its different

e.g.

Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 63 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(26).mp3 because it had the same name as another file
Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 64 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(27).mp3 because it had the same name as another file
Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 65 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(28).mp3 because it had the same name as another file
Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 66 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(29).mp3 because it had the same name as another file
Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 67 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(30).mp3 because it had the same name as another file
Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 68 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(31).mp3 because it had the same name as another file
Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 69 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(32).mp3 because it had the same name as another file
Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 70 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(33).mp3 because it had the same name as another file
Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 71 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(34).mp3 because it had the same name as another file
Jun 14, 2021 8:09:27 PM: INFO: Duplicate Filename checker changed song 72 from Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0.mp3 to Teddy Wilson & His Orchestra - Lady Day The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) - 0(35).mp3 because it had the same name as another file

So i think that is the reason

Are you referring to the fact that it won’t connect to a multidisc album that currently exists in musicbrainz and/or discogs and update because there are to many songs with the same or similar title?

This doesn’t resolve the freezing once I attempt to save ANY album or multidisc album (most of these are complete recordings of particular jazz artists during a particular time) of ANY size.

This freezing has rendered the software completely useless at the moment, and this wasn’t happening at all prior to paying for an upgrade.

No, the multidisc matching needs improving but this was the case before, its not a bug introduce din this release.

Im referring to the save function, its seem to be because when you rename there is not enough metadata to rename files properly, but its difficult to tell exaclty.

What you could try is:

• Load your Album
  • Run Force:Save Changes

Does that freeze or does that work okay.

I think there is only a problem when you try to rename the files but I may be wrong.

I only rename them when I am unable to get discogs or musicbrainz to engage. When that happens, I copy from one or the other of those and, rarely, wikipedia, and then configure it via excel and a txt file before actually pasting. Did I originally mention that it is also freezing when I attempt to match as well? The freezing mostly happens there, but when I am able to match, it freezes upon saving and it will either not save anything at all or only a few.

I’ll attempt your suggestion probably tomorrow evening or Saturday. I’m working late today and early tomorrow

I thought the issue was when you saved, is your disk space low, try running Advanced:Empty Cache.

It’s possible that it’s too low and I need to delete a few files, but I took care of that a few weeks ago. I should have close to 100 gigs of hard drive free. Is that enough and is less than that enough?

I have attempted to clear cache several times. Every single time I do, Jaikoz freezes. I have had no indication that the cache has been cleared because it never gives notification of such.

Nobody else is reporting these issues so Im a bit flummoxed about why you are having so many issues to be honest.

I keep going back to the fact, that other than jaikoz refusing to correct a multidisc album, even when I input the identifier from musicbrainz or discogs, the older versions of jaikoz worked fine with no problems.

I fully expected others to have similar problems.

But at the moment, it’s not functioning or. I need a solution, wherever it comes from, though. How do we fix this?

You may expect that, but nobody else has reported similar problems and it is working for me. So I wonder if the issue is your PC, i cannot fix a problem I cannot replicate if there are no errors logged either.

Do yo have another computer you could try it on ?

I no longer have the computer, the Mac, that I had when I transferred everything over to my current laptop. I have nothing else to check this on.

Is there anything else I can do? Is there a last newest release that I can install and give a try?

There is a disconnect somewhere and I had hoped you could find it.

In order to force save, I have to be able to connect and correct the metadata first. I was able to connect to discogs and force save one album. I attempted it with a larger one with 20 tracks and it immediately freezes upon my attempt to connect to musicbrainz to correct4 the data. When I open up Task Manager (as every other time I have done this), it says that Jaikoz is suspended. This is the same as when I attempt to clear the cache every time. I have about 90 gigs of free hard drive. Is it the RAM is there something else I need to clear?

Honestly, this has never happened before and I swear to you, it wasn’t happening before I decided I should pay for two years of updates. I was one or two versions behind. I am still puzzled as to why you are not able to duplicate this or no one else has complained. There is something somewhere that you or I am missing. I just don’t know what it could be.

Do you mean manually make changes to the albums, subtitles, tracks, and track numbers and artists, labels, artwork, and year? Or do you mean attempting to connect to musicbrainz and discogs? Not doing the former when necessary kind of defeats the purpose of using the software and the later is absolutely necessary if the album is preset in either database.