Here I am again.
I’m close to finish my first pass of music fix, so here is what I’m ending up with :
- one folder (/music/music_processed/) that contains my /artists folder/albums folder/ (I plan to feed plex and roon with it)
- one folder which was my initial music folder, containing the previously scanned, but not identified music albums (/music/music_unidentified)
Now I start thinking about what best practice is for the future and would like to take a minute to brainstorm with you about this.
I will keep copying music from the cloud to my local storage every day so here is what I have in mind:
- first thing I’ll do is to rename music_processed to something like music_library. This folder will contain already matched and duplicates checked albums
- copy albums from the cloud (daily) to a new folder -> /music/music_incoming
- run a fix job on the daily folder /music/music_incoming, once a day, and copy fully identified albums to /music_processed, and move the unidentified albums to /music_unprocessed
- now that I ended up with my identified albums in /music/music_processed, I run a duplicates job on it, the folder then is emptied from its duplicates
- once the duplicates check of /music_processed folder is finished, I move all it’s content to /music/music_library
What do you think about the above ?
Also, the above process leaves me with a big amount of unidentified albums inside /music/music_unprocessed. What’s your opinion about that one ? Should I make sure to keep running fixes on that one on a regular basis ? (I expect to get a way higher volume of identified albums out of it once bandcamp and beatport will be added as sources).
What do you think ?
All ideas welcome !