SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Beginning with Jaikoz First Time Trial

Generally best to start new thread, but the questions below are followup so can leave in this thread.

This is the Row No, when files are loaded they are allocated a rowno, usually the files are loaded alphabetically by filename so if this means the trackno is not in order it is probably because your filename does not include the trackno or at least not at the start of the filename. You can select multiple rownos and this means that when you run a task it is applied to those selected rows.

So, in this screenshot I have selected rows 3-13 so most tasks will be performed against these rows. Independently I also have the Filename field of row 22 selected, tasks that work on specific fields such as copy/paste or Capitalizer would use the field selection not the row selection.

With Jaikoz support files I can only see the logs there are no reports (like there are with SongKong) so I cannot see what you are referring to here, please post a screenshot.

Hi Paul, unfortunately in my enthusiasm to accept the Album Art I may have accepted errors elsewhere but I am working on one recording now: Mozart - Cosi fan tutte (René Jacobs). I cannot reproduce the problem I had been looking at so am sending the support file and screenshot of what I have now on JK. I how the support file has reached you and here is the screenshot:-

You can see the Row Number, File Name and Track Number are inconsistent. Just for your info I am also enclosing a screenshot of the EasyTag view of the same directory:-

Her the track numbers do match the file names although the tagging is not quite how I started.

Hope you can advise in due course.

Not quite sure why the rowno don’t match the filename order, maybe a quirk of your particular linux or filesystem, but that is a non issue really the rownos dont matter.

Now it seems on the Jaikoz screenshot the trackno field is not matching the filename, on Easytag I can only see title and filename, I assume trackno must be the same as Jaikoz, it cannot be different if just loading the same files into each and doing nothing else ?

Im not really clear on what the question is?

Okay so I just remembered you also sent me a SonKong support files, and one of the status report matches this album

I can see it is a 3 CD album. But in your Jaikoz screenshot it looks like a one disc album so I have to ask did you manually modify the track nos to make it look like one single disc ?

Yes I did so that the whole work can be played in the right sequence. I was doing this from way back.

I have other problems with other albums because tagging even for original rip gives me problems and sometimes mixes up disks from similar works. That is why I gave up with SK originally and tag edit by hand.

Are you suggesting a better way?

There is absolutely no need to do this, just about all players understand discno & trackno and will play in the correct order. With MinimServer you have additional options about whether to show or hide disc boundaries - Tutorial 25: Multi Disc Albums

I would need more details to discuss second issue, but there seemed to be no problem when you ran SongKong recently in preview mode.

Hi Paul,
You are very sanguine over what is now possible but at the time I was ripping some of these none of this was possible.
Sadly all the CDs are now in a storage facility so it will be a while before I try again but the tracks and flac files I have are all correct but not being recognised correctly. I shall try and get to my CDs and do a fresh rip from the outset.
Thanks for the reply and help so far.

Hi, there is really no need to re-rip you just need to work with the automatch rather than against it. For example looking at the status report SongKong created for the Mozart album Jaikoz appears to have it all correctly matched.

OK Paul will do but does that mean I have to buy a new subscription or can I update my original sub?

I have purchased a three year upgrade as my last recent license was purchased in 2019 so I hope this does the trick.
Will call for help if stuck.

Thanks, that has worked

BTW the version updates work from the day you purchase (if expired) so this will now cover you for all versions of SongKong released until 19/02/2027

Nearly there but I have had to do a new download and my license has not been picked up. How do I get the right keys please?

Hi, I have just sent you a forum private message with your license details.

OK so now license has been installed. I am still getting the prompt for Preview Only but will work it out.
I am selecting albums from my master file data copy which is not necessarily yet uploaded into NAS.

I am embarrassed by taking up so much of your time but I am still having some difficulties.

For my example I am working on Mozart Cosi fan tutte conducted by René Jacobs. I have not yet looked at “Work” but my tagging plan is intended as:

Album eg: Mozart: Cosi fan tutte (René Jacobs)

Filename starting with track number eg: 25 - Recitativo (Oh la saria da ridere)

Title to have Act no, /Scene no in Roman numerals, the part & libreto first line and (characters) eg: Act I, Scene XVI. Finale I “Eccovi il medico” (Don Alfonso, Ferrando, Guglielmo, Despina, Fiordiligi, Dorabella)

The Album Artist would have the principal singers etc eg: Véronique Gens, Bernarda Fink, Werner Güra, Marcel Boone, Pietro Spagnoli, Graciela Oddone, Concerto Köln, René Jacobs

Artist would be the singers for that track, eg: Véronique Gens, Bernarda Fink, Werner Güra,

This may be too ambitious and certainly my own tagging efforts have not been consistent over the years but I had hoped I would be able to use SK to improve on my efforts, especially the early rips.

I have run and saved some early efforts with JK and SK which have not always improved my own efforts but now I have quite strange results. For example I have 57 tracks showing in EasyTag but some seem to have missing data. It is most likely I am doing something wrong or my Profile settings are incorrect for what I am trying to do but I am sending the sending the support file. If you could please advise I would be most grateful.

Okay so on the first tab of Fix Songs you simply need to uncheck Preview Only and then rerun

Until you do this SongKong is not making any changes so therefore pointless to look at the changes made in EasyTag because SongKong hasn’t made any !

So do this and then look at the metadata (you can do within the SongKong report as well there is no need to use EasyTag). Renaming the files is a separate task so lets just check the metadata first of all not the filename.

Hi Paul,
Now things are looking better. I see Movement and Part are listed. Not sure how these will work yet but all seems complete. Not sure about the odd minimserver group entry?
See now that Mozart had become an artist. I thought I would be able to get rid of that and have him as composer.
Should I now send you the report or save and send or edit the tags and then send?

If using Fix Songs task save occurs automatically (if not using preview), if using Match to One Album task you need to elect to save. Either way ensure saved then run Create Support Files so I can see results and reply to your questions.

Thanks for reports, why do you think that as can be seen from screenshot Mozart is not listed as Album Artist.

It has only added this for two songs, this does seem to be incorrect, for now I would remove this from the two entries

Its more complex because this in an Opera, so you have overall opera, then within that you have acts, and each act may have multiple scenes.

So overall opera is mapped to OVERALL_WORK field, each act is mapped to a WORK, and scenes within the act are mapped to PART and MOVEMENT, the difference between PART and MOVEMENT is that PART includes the act title and scene number whereas MOVEMENT just contains the scene name.

Now trying to respond to your comments in previous post

Im going to ignore this for now, should be happy with the metadata in the files before concerning yourself with renaming the file itself.

So title is taken from MusicBrainz so it reflects how the title is described on the album itself. This is better than trying to create a fixed rule that would not make sense for all releases, in ths case the match seems pretty much to match what you want.

Album Artist contains the principal conductor/performers/orchestra , these are usually the ones on the front cover, in this case we have

Véronique Gens, Bernarda Fink, Werner Güra, Marcel Boone, Pietro Spagnoli, Graciela Oddone, Concerto Köln, René Jacobs

again matching what you would like.

This is

Véronique Gens, Bernarda Fink, Werner Güra, Concerto Köln, René Jacobs 

You can also modify this slightly using the Track Artist option on the Classical tab

Thanks Paul,
You will see Mozart was removed from Artist. I had found the switch before running Fix Songs so that’s good.
I shall remove the two minimserver entries as you suggest until I know more about how it all fits together.

With minor tweaks I would like to try and save the metadata to my files. How should I do that without yet changing the filenames.