Environment
- SongKong 12.9.3, Docker on Synology (Container Station)
- Same behaviour with a separate local install on macOS (latest version 12.9.3)
- Custom Advanced Rename Mask (JavaScript) that sorts into A-Z / Classical / Compilations
What happens
When the source folder name already contains a year in brackets, e.g. Curiosities Volume II (2004) , that year sometimes appears in the folder name created by Rename Files. The Album tag contains only the album title, no year (checked in a tag editor).
- While my mask still appended the album year via a custom function, the folder name sometimes contained the year twice:
Curiosities Volume II (2004) (2004). - I then removed the albumyear from the rename mask completely. The mask now builds the folder name from
albumonly, e.g.... + album + '/' + .... The year still appears for some albums and not for others. I can’t find a pattern.
What I’ve already tried
- Disabled all album-related checkboxes in the Fix Songs preferences
- Switched the interface language from German to English
- Reinstalled on a second machine (macOS) with the latest version: same result
- Checked the Album tag on affected files: no year in it
Expected
If the mask contains no year, no year should appear in the new folder name, regardless of the source folder name.
Actual
For some albums the year from the source folder name is carried over into the new folder name.
To reproduce
- Take an album whose source folder is named
Album Name (YYYY). - Use a rename mask without any year or date function.
- Run Fix Songs with Rename Files enabled and check the resulting folder name.
- Repeat with the year removed from the source folder name and compare.
Other notes
- I did not see this in a previous version. I can’t say which one, because my Docker configuration was reset when I cleaned up the project in Container Station.