SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Windows 10 - graphics glitch when setting compilation =true

Like the title says.
When I select “true” for the compilation field, I get a graphics glitch which causes the jaikoz screen to duplicate.

The only way to fix is a reboot of the program… very annoying.

Here is a screen shot of the issue
https://imgur.com/yw31JeW

Gosh, okay never seen this, so rnuning on Linux, please email support files ?

Actually, I am running on windows 10 (for this issue).
When I go to compilation and choose set value and input " true " (so I don’t have to click all 100 audio files individually) I get this graphic error.

I had no issues before but for some reason after the last update this started (I use jaikoz on both osx and windows)

Thanks… and support files were sent.

But that screenshot looks like Linux, the tabs are wrong for Windows, if this really is Windows then maybe that is a clue to the issue

Any update on this issue?

Sorry I have tried but cannot replicate the issue

But I have possible workaround, just
-check/uncheck one isCompilation field
-select that field (Copy)
-select the fields you want to change and Paste

If the issue is setValue() this workaround avoids this, and it still a painless way to modify many files.

I have this problem just loading my files…I can’t even use the program.

This does not help at all.
And just to update, ,thought I would do a complete system re-install to try and fix the problem which has been ongoing since I started this post (1 year ago).
Now, not only do I still have this problem, but now I ALSO have the problem where when I try to save any changes it tells me it can’t save because it can’t access the files.

I’ve tried running as administrator, giving “everyone” permission to the folder… still can’t save.

So… not only do I still have this weird bug when trying to set the value to “true” but now I can’t even save my files.

Something really needs to be fixed here.

Edit…
OK, I just spent the last few hours figuring things out for you since I doubt this is a priority for you (as a year has gone by with no fix)
It appears that when you add extra columns in Jaikoz, the last one added will cause the graphic glitch.
So, what I had to do was remove the “compilation” column and an extra column “grouping” then restart the program.
After the program restart I had to add back the “compilation” column then shut jaikoz down again.
Restart Jaikoz then add the “grouping” column, shut down and restart Jaikoz.
Now, the “Compilation” column won’t cause the graphic glitch but the “grouping” column will… As I never use the grouping column, this is not a big deal for me.
You HAVE to do things in this order or it will not “fix” anything.
Start Jaikoz
Remove the column causing the graphic glitch and one extra not used (add an extra unused column first if needed, then restart the program then remove if needed).
Once both have been removed and jaikoz restarted, add back the compilation column then shut down jaikoz.
Restart jaikoz and add an extra unused column (bpm, grouping, whatever) then shut down jaikoz
Restart jaikoz and test… you should find that the 2nd to last column you added (in this case compilation) works now but the last column added (in this case grouping) causes the graphic glitch.

You’re welcome

Thanks for your effort, I am working on Jaikoz now so I will try and look at this next week.

Is this problem ever going to get fixed?

Hi, okay so I am working on the Jaikzo Gui now so I thought I would look at this, but I cant replicate the issue using Windows 10 !

Unfortunately the screenshot link you sent is no longer valid, perhaps you could retry and resend screenshot and perhaps you could try on another computer to confirm that this is a reproducible error on any computer, not specific to your computer.

It’s hard to get a screenshot…so let me explain it better. First off, I’ve set the program to “run as administrator”, compatibility to “Windows 8”, and disabled fullscreen improvement or something like that…it helps greatly on combating the problem. If I did not have these things enabled on the properties tab …just importing my music will set it off. With these settings, I still can have the problem but mostly if I go into the menu selection when you right-click on the block of music I have selected and want to apply specific musicbrainz/discogs information like specific MB/Discogs identifying information like barcode, release id, etc to find the specific release I want to be updated to my files. Does that make sense what menu items I’m talking about when you right-click? Anyhoo, those specific menu items will set it off…you have to close the program and restart…so basically the program is useless. I’ve done a complete wipe of my system and it does not help. Also, when you do a manual search to select a MB release…you get that window with the options per song. I use to be able to select the release and I think right-click to select that release for all songs and that doesn’t work anymore. I have an MSI gaming laptop:

Custom Built MSI GT75 8RG TITAN-056 17.3" w/ G-Sync nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Loot Box Level 2 Bundle

Gaming Bag, Dragon Doll, Gaming Headset

LCD Panel

17.3" FHD (1920*1080), 120Hz 3ms Wideview 94%NTSC Color

LCD Panel

17.3" FHD (1920*1080), 120Hz 3ms Wideview 94%NTSC Color Anti-Glare w/ G-Sync Technology

Display Calibration

Yes, display professionally calibrated w/ profile saved

Display Calibration

Yes, display professionally calibrated w/ profile saved to USB drive - $50.00

Display Warranty

30 Days Zero Defective Pixel Warranty (perfect panel gu

Display Warranty

30 Days Zero Defective Pixel Warranty (perfect panel guarantee) - $35.00

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 w/ 8GB GDDR5X

Processor

Intel® 8th Generation Coffee Lake Core™ i7-8850H 6 Core

Processor

Intel® 8th Generation Coffee Lake Core™ i7-8850H 6 Core - 12 Thread Processor, 2.6 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 4.3 GHz), 9MB Smart Cache

Thermal Interface Materials

Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU + GPU, and Fujipoly

Thermal Interface Materials

Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU + GPU, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat sensitive surfaces – BEST PERFORMANCE – installed by HIDevolution - $95.00

Bottom Service Panel Ventilation Mod

Yes, modify the bottom panel - $50.00

Memory

HIDevolution Approved Premium 32GB Dual Channel DDR4/26

Memory

HIDevolution Approved Premium 32GB Dual Channel DDR4/2666MHz (2 x 16GB) - installed by HIDevolution - $195.00

M.2 PCIe / SATA RAID Options

RAID 0 (striping) - Must select 2x identical drives in

M.2 PCIe / SATA RAID Options

RAID 0 (striping) - Must select 2x identical drives in M.2 SSD Slots 1 and 2

M.2 PCIe / SATA Slot 1

Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D-VNAND SSD

M.2 PCIe / SATA Slot 1

Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D-VNAND SSD - Up to 3,500 MB/s Read-2,500 MB/s Write - Installed by HIDevolution - $200.00

M.2 PCIe / SATA Slot 2

Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D-VNAND SSD

M.2 PCIe / SATA Slot 2

Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D-VNAND SSD - Up to 3,500 MB/s Read-2,500 MB/s Write - Installed by HIDevolution - $200.00

M.2 PCIe Slot 3

None

2.5" HDD/SSD Bay

2TB Seagate FireCuda Gaming 7mm SSHD (ST2000LX001) - in

2.5" HDD/SSD Bay

2TB Seagate FireCuda Gaming 7mm SSHD (ST2000LX001) - installed by HIDevolution - $90.00

Wireless Cards

Killer™ Wireless-AC N1550 802.11 ac/a/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ B

Wireless Cards

Killer™ Wireless-AC N1550 802.11 ac/a/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 5.0

Operating System

Genuine Windows® 10 Pro, 64bit, English - installed by

Operating System

Genuine Windows® 10 Pro, 64bit, English - installed by HIDevolution - $130.00

Operating System Clean Install

Yes, Clean Install of Windows 10 including 32GB Clean I

Operating System Clean Install

Yes, Clean Install of Windows 10 including 32GB Clean Install Flash Drive - $40.00

Office Software

None

Power Adapter

330W AC Power Adapter (supports 100-240V)

Internal Battery

Internal 8 cell (90Wh) battery

Audio

Dynaudio Tech Speakers 3W *2 + Subwoofer 5W *1

Steelseries Keyboard

SteelSeries per-Key RGB Mechanical KB with Anti-Ghost

Steelseries Keyboard

SteelSeries per-Key RGB Mechanical KB with Anti-Ghost key

Warranty and Service

3 Year MSI + HIDevolution Limited USA Warranty + 1 Year

Warranty and Service

3 Year MSI + HIDevolution Limited USA Warranty + 1 Year Global Warranty w/ 1 Year USA Accidental Damage “No Oops” Protection (Registration within 30 days of Ship Date Required) + LIFETIME HIDevolution Technical Support - $400.00

HIDevolution Global Warranty

None

MSI Front Lid Logo Color

Red - $35.00

I hope this helps!! Anything else I’m forgetting from your viewpoint that could help?

Thanks!!!

Ohh…and when it happens, the glitch, it looks like years ago when windows would have a memory leak…the gui just repeats itself all over the screen.

Ohh…an on a MacBook Pro…you don’t get the memory glitch…for the most part I can use the program but that option for selecting a MB release and right-clicking to apply to all songs does not work. Also, after using those menu options to find a specific release like I said above…I’m unable to go into any of the rows boxes , in the main GUI, to change anything like clicking into an album name to manually make a change. Here is my Mac info:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 428.60.3.0.0
OS Loader Version: 540.80.2~11
SMC Version (system): 2.30f2

AMD Radeon R9 M370X:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M370X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 2 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6821
Revision ID: 0x0083
ROM Revision: 113-C5670E-945
VBIOS Version: 113-C567A1-006
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.945
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 4.0.20 [3.2.8]
Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily macOS 2

Hope this helps…maybe fixing the Windows problem will fix this too!

I cant really follow what you are saying as its completely different to what you reported before

Actually you havent set me your logs, if you create these using Advanced/Create Support Files and then email maybe that will show an exception that i can fix.

Otherwise the issue is either specific to the way you are using or to your computer, now when you say

“run as administrator”, compatibility to “Windows 8”, and disabled fullscreen improvement or something like that…

that kind of concerns me because most users will not do that, so makes me think your computer is non-standard. This is why I’m suggesting you try on another Windows computer, giving me the specs of your computer is of no help to me Im not a Windows hardware I just think there might be something funny in your setup.

I sent you an e-mail with two support files and screen shots.

The second support file is without any file properties for your app checked.

Are you using the Column Browser (shows Genre, Artist, Album) if so can you turn it off from the View menu, and then does the problem still occur.

Yes, it was checked. I unchecked it and loaded songs. Then I tried updating an album and got the glitch.