SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

What major feature/improvement would you most like to see in SongKong?

I’m a one day old user (with Roon) so have yet to get a full feel for things but it would be great if the following could be got to display as recorded rather than performed.

.sjb

HI John, if this is being added by SongKong then it is using the RECORDINGSTARTDATE, RECORDINGENDDATE, RECORDINGLOCATION fields so the use of the word Performed would be a choice made by Roon, you can check this by looking at the Track Editor within Roon, see SongKong can now get Recording Location and Dates automatically

But a quick look on Musicbrainz makes me think this data is not coming from SongKong actually as I cant see a recording location relationship in MusicBrainz, so probably purely a roon thing.

Okay, but Im just concerned that you say they are useless and you cant read them

I just inputted that information manually to see how it would show up. So it’s Roon using the performed wording, strange seeing that it goes in fields named “recorded”.

.sjb

Hello, I was not aware of the web interface. How can I activate it?
Again, thank you for your interest
Yours
Albert

If running from desktop just select File:Start Remote Mode - that should open SongKong in your web browser and until you select File:Stop Remote mode all control is via the web browser.

Possibly a better jaikoz/songkong integration would be a good avenue, in order to quickly switch from one tool to the other when pertinent (as of today, I’m a poor user of Jaikoz because I was not able to understand its logic when Songkong is clear to me)(and this is why I’m not able to be more specific when saying “a better integration”).
Also, when Songkong fails to recognize a full album, I often find the web report not very explicit, and need to open the spreadsheet to get the details… I think it misses an “album report” above the “track reports”.

The first stage is ensuring that if Jaikoz/SongKong update the same song from MusicBrainz or Discogs they will update with same data (options permitting), they are currently very similar but there are some differences.

Some deeper integration does seem like a good idea.

Have to think more about this one as well.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: SongKong User Interface Improvements

Support for PDF Booklet’s would be great. Meanwhile SongKong is providing so many meta data…but I can’t see these infomation anywhere - at least not in any app that I am using (e.g. Linn, Linn Kazoo…).

1 Like

This has come high for both Jaikoz and SongKong polls, so i think will be adding this very soon, the issue wasn’t getting the pdf booklets but where to store them since not officially supported in ID3 images and all other data we get is stored in the file themselves rather than seperate file.

If you store them as a pdf in the album folder , Roon and Jriver will find them and provide a link to view them

Excellent news Paul. Looking into the music folder would be fine. (I don’t think that Linn will be able to provide similar things as ROON or Jriver.)

Thanks, I think that is what I will do but what i dont like about this solution in general is if the files are moved or not stored one folder = one album there can be problem with files snot being kept with music files

1 Like

I would like to see a feature that allows you to scan through previously matched items in a music collection and update any metadata with the latest. For example, for items that were scanned say a couple of years ago, there might now be better matches or updated metadata in MusicBrainz or Discogs. It would be nice if there was a way to check and the option to update to the latest or retain existing metadata.

Actually that is how SongKong works by default, if you rerun it over songs already matched it will just update with latest data as long as For songs already matched is set to Update Metadata and Filename only (this is the default setting)

Songs that SongKong attempted to match first time round but failed will be attempted to be matched again, but if you want to skip trying to match them you can just check the Ignore songs previously checked that could not be matched option

Because Fix Songs is designed for matching whole collections, it would not really make sense to give the customer the option to review changes beforehand.

But I realize that SongKong is also used on individual albums as well, and so plan to add a new task for just matching a single album and this would allow you to review the changes. beforehand.

2 Likes

Thanks @paultaylor, that’s very helpful and will come in very handy. I have another question. I tend to run SongKong against albums when I add CDs to my collection. I usually start by running Fix Songs in Preview Only mode so I get a chance to review the metadata before commiting. Once I’m happy with the preview, I usually go back, uncheck the Preview Only mode and run it again. This means that SongKong has to re-scan and re-match the album. I was wondering if there’s some way to accept the previewed metadata without having to rescan. Many thanks.

So will Aurender Servers

The new single album task will work a bit like that, you’ll be able to see the changes beforehand and review before saving. But that is not option with Fix Songs, imagine you were fixing 500 albums, would you really want to review all 500, and the reviews would happen as the album was matched so you couldn’t leave it unattended.

Improved album artwork coverage and Mac M1 build are part of the latest release