SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

What are the actual requirements of SongKong currently?

On the download page, the 10.12 Sierra system continues to appear as a requirement, both on Intel and Apple Silicon, however the Java version requires system 11 Big Sur (and possibly more, since I have some doubts about its requirements because on some websites later systems are mentioned as having some failure in Big Sur).

I am a former user of Jaikoz, but I stopped using it precisely because it gave me a lot of problems with the systems used at the time. In the end I got tired of trying with him. I understand that at some point you will have to change those requirements, but that should be explained and communicated correctly. And above all, do not offer updates that are not compatible with your used system.

At this point, I’ve abandoned my old macs that ran 10.11, and have moved on to 14 Sonoma. But I understand that these functional requirements are important to know correctly, otherwise the user will encounter the same problems as I did before. Or after a while, when I can no longer update my new macs, I too will have the same problem again.

Regards

P.S. Message translated automatically as I do not speak English, I apologize if I have not expressed myself correctly.

As it says requires 10.2 or later, works with latest version of MacOS so no problem.

You may be right. I just checked it again, the ARM version includes a version of temurin 21.0.1 that does require a macOS 11 system as I said, but it is true that the version for an Intel processor includes another version of temurin 21.0.1 that says it requires a system 10.12 or later. Sorry for the confusion, maybe you’re right and it works correctly as of 10.12, or at least it seems that way. I can’t check it since I’m now working with macOS 14 Sonoma. Greetings and thanks.