SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to Verify License on restart on Mac

Hello there, I am having the unable to contact server issue again today. Can you please help?

Are you still having issue, I just tried using your license and had no issue.

If you are still having an issue it is most likley to be a problem related to your Anti-Virus software.

I have a mac and no antiviral software installed. I installed Jaikoz via homebrew. It used to run just fine. Since it stopped, Jaikoz was added to my firewall. It still does not work.

Why are you using homebrew, there are proper installers for both Intel and M chips, please try a standard installtion.

When I uninstall and reinstall, Jaikoz seems to work fine. Until I double click my licence and reopen. Then there is the “cannot connect to server” issue. Please give me an idea what I can do to fix this. Shall I send you my licence file?

With the standard dmg installation there is the same issue.

You don’t double click the license file to open Jaikoz.,you double click the Jaikoz icon.

Could you please give me a hand with this topic.

To make it easy, I have deactivated my firewall, stopped all auto-starting apps and used the M1 installer. The app starts fine and is connected. When I click the licence.jai file it states it installed the licence.

However when I restart Jaikoz it is then unable to connect to the server. This happens every time.

I will send you my licence by email. It would be good to get your help on this topic.

Hi, I am trying to help you, I had already tried using your license details without issue. Now that you have sent me license file you are using i have tried that actual file on a Mac and again it works without issue. The fact that you originally decided to use Homebrew instead of a usual install makes me wonder if there are other unusual configuration aspects to your computer.

So if it works when first install but fails when restart this implies the license can be validated locally but there is an issue with contacting the server. Since the server is working usually I think your firewall is still preventing access. We saw an issue like this recently with MalwareBytes, it had incorrectly blocked the jthink website and continued to block it even when added to exception list. They then removed from the blacklist and was working fine, but then got added again (I have no idea why) so we had to ask again to remove it and AFAIK it is now ok.

Can you access https://jthink.net in your web-browser okay?

Hi Paul,

In the end I did set up my Mac again from scratch. It was not Homebrew. I think it may have been Onyx which caused the problem. Now everything works fine.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers