SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to save modifications to some files

Hello,

Just bought the software and really liked it, but it has been having problems saving to a lot of files on my MacBook with Snow Leopard 10.6.2. There is no specific files having trouble, since after a reboot for example some files which were failing to save could be saved, others not…

The error seen on the screen and on the console is the following:

Nov 29, 2009 8:47:14 PM: SEVERE: There was a problem changing some files,these have been left with status of changed
Nov 29, 2009 8:47:14 PM: SEVERE: Unable to save record 1 with filename 01 Nothing Like You (When You’re Gone).mp3 because of the following error: java.util.ArrayList cannot be cast to org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Frame
Nov 29, 2009 8:47:14 PM: INFO: Completed Saving of 0 Songs
Nov 29, 2009 8:47:14 PM: INFO: Completed Deletion of 0 Songs

Java Version Build is as follows (preinstalled with the OS):
java version “1.6.0_15”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03-219)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.1-b02-90, mixed mode)

I am getting really frustrated with this, Do you have any clue?

Thanks!

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo

This looks like a bug in the underlying tagger library dealing with some existing field that you seem to be using alot. I can fix this but I really need you to email me your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files) and preferably a file having this problem.

Hi Paul,

I started having the same issue here. What’s more, it started appearing on files that I didn’t have a any problems before. Could it be the most recent update?

I am now unable to save changes to the “date” in over 2000 files (previously edited with Jaikoz)! The program returns the exact same error.

Using Jaikoz 3.4.2 (1075)
Java Version 1.6.0_17 from Sun Microsystems Inc.
Windows XP SP3

Hi, the original poster never sent me his support files so I couldnt work out the problem, if you send me yours I should be able to resolve this for a new release forthcoming next week

Thanks Paul,

Support files sent, plus one of the offending audio files.

same problem here:

Unable to save record [N] with filename [Filename].mp3 because of the following error: java.util.ArrayList cannot be cast to org.jaudiotagger.tag.id3.AbstractID3v2Frame

i did create a custom field called “from” with mediamonkey recently, but i’m not sure if this is a problem or not.

i’m trying to update about 800-1000 files, and i can’t determine which are causing the problem, or which were saved properly, if any.

Using Jaikoz 3.4.2 (1075)
Java version is Version 6 Update 14
Windows 7 32 bit

Hi zeiss74 . please send me your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files) as well because your problem might not be exactly the same.

Antonos problem fixed in dev, cannot say if this will resolve other issues at this point.

sent. thanks for looking into this, and let me know if there are any interim fixes in the works. i can’t really use the program for anything until this is fixed, since my changes are not being saved. cheers!

btw, i upgraded my java to 6-18, but that didn’t fix anything.

zeiss74 Jaikoz 3.4.3 released this second, try it out and see if it resolves your issue.

thanks for the quick fix, but unfortunately i still have the same problem. i installed over my old install, but get the same java error. would it do any good to send my support files today?

(i didn’t reboot or anything other than install and test.)

Yes please do, together with one of the problem files

zeiss74 I wonder did you actually get the new version jaikoz 3.4.3 , the version on MacUpdate is still 3.4.2

i’m on windows, so i downloaded and installed 3.4.3 manually, and i confirmed it within the software.

"Jan 29, 2010 8:02:36 AM: INFO: Jaikoz 3.4.3 using Java 1.6.0_18 16.0-b13 32bit on Windows 7 6.1 x86 initialized successfully "

just sent files. btw, i noticed the support zip files overwrites itself without asking. is that a preference setting? it might be nice if the filename included a time/date stamp.

also, if this helps your troubleshooting: i have yet to find a file that i can save, at least that i’ve noticed. so i don’t think it is a quirky property in a given file (i.e., track name contains ! or " or something like that).

if you have anything you want me to investigate on my end, i’d be happy to (with the exception that i’m at work for the next 7 hours)

I think there was a problem with the build in that the last fixes were not included, please download again and retry. If you go to Help/About (Windows) or Jaikoz/About Jaikoz (Mac) the Build Date will say 28/01/2010 if you have the correct latest version.

seems to be fixed! thanks!

i’ll keep playing with it for a while, and i’ll let you know if anything unusual happens.

Thanks Paul,

Sorry for the late reply, internet was down.

I’m happy to report that my problem was indeed fixed in the latest version.

hi, i just bought the software tonight. First 50 looked good - several gaps but a big improvement. Then loaded 500 (I have c40k tunes on ms home server for squeezebox) - software on server (same drive as music folder)operated by remote desktop from xp rev 3. Already learned that some mp3 files could be locked so ran read only clear on all directories and children tho folders remain read only (I’m told thats an XP standard to support efficient folder search etc) - however, the 500 had more than 30 errors (no idea how many more than 30 because the error pop-up stopped at 30) where changes could not be written to files so I assume it’s a local file write permission issue still? Can you help please? I’m now running a slug of 10,000 while you get chance to reply. Regards Tom :slight_smile: