SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to retrieve acoustic ids

[quote=paultaylor]I dont know where
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
is coming from but I guess it is coming from genpuid in some way. Ive just reread your message how do you its from the xmlparser, thats interesting.[/quote]
When you look it up on Google, the first result shows the exact same error message, coming from the Java SAX XML parser. No doubt you also use some kind of Java XML parser on the output of genpuid…

“Premature end of file” would probably refer to the XML data you feed (from genpuid) into the parser, so the problem is probably either the XML returned by genpuid, or the variable you use to store it in (maybe it doesn’t get reset properly after every run?)…

BTW, I see this issue on Windows, as well, just not as frequently.

That is important to know, Im reviewing the code BTW are your machines multiple cpus.

That isnt the issue, but I have found something else that maybe causing the problem, a debug log showing the problem occurring would be useful if you have a chance.

That isnt the issue, but I have found something else that maybe causing the problem, a debug log showing the problem occurring would be useful if you have a chance.[/quote]
That’s good news!

I don’t have a debug log yet. I’m running a session of 22 000+ files now, already going 20+ hours, I really didn’t want to slow that down or risk a hang with that many files :). The error only occured 25 times in 10 000 files so it really is a rare bug. I don’t actually have multiple CPU’s, but I do have Hyperthreading activated, which the OS (both Windows and Linux) will treat as if they were 2 CPU’s. I do have some more output (different error messages but I’m pretty sure they’re caused by the same problem):

24/06/2007 19.46.35:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:2556:null
[Fatal Error] :1:20: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
24/06/2007 19.55.24:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:2997:null
24/06/2007 19.57.38:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:3132:null
24/06/2007 19.57.49:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:3135:null
[Fatal Error] :1:20: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
24/06/2007 19.57.56:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:3136:null
24/06/2007 20.04.30:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:3505:null
24/06/2007 20.08.34:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:3741:null

This shows that it’s really a problem with recording of the output of genpuid. Since I doubt the problem is in the output itself, it might be caused by processing the output before it’s entirely finished (i.e. it still has to write “npuid>” or something)?

If you need me to beta-test a possible bugfix, let me know. :slight_smile:

[quote=Nocturnal] Since I doubt the problem is in the output itself, it might be caused by processing the output before it’s entirely finished (i.e. it still has to write “npuid>” or something)?

If you need me to beta-test a possible bugfix, let me know. :)[/quote]
Yes I think there is a possibility of reading before output has completed, which would be more likely on a multi-threaded system, I may ask you to beat test sometime this week, thanks.

I believe this is now fixed in Jaikoz 1.10 please let me know

I’m running Suse 10.1 and Jaikoz 1.10 and I’m having this error for every file. 1.10 did not resolve this issue.

Every file, this was not the behaviour that existed before, can you send me a log file please ?

I experience the smae problem with Jaikoz 2.1.0 build 1039 under windows XP. I have 101 mp3 files that Jaikoz doesn’t assign a musicIP ID to. It does search for one, (although occaisionally VERY slowly), but they are not actually assigned. It seems to happen to certain artists/albums, but I haven’t found in wich these are different from the rest of my collection.

If you tell me hoe to create a log, I’ll send you one…

Jaikoz creates a fingerprint on the file then looks to see if the fingerprint exists in the MusicIP database, if it does then the puid is retrieved and stored in the file, it can then be used to try and look up musicbrainz data for that puid (although Musicbrainz may not have the puid in the database.

There are three main reasons why a puid is not assigned to a file.

1. The puid does not exist in the MusicIP Database, Jaikoz doesn’t currently submit new tracks that dont exist ion the MusicIP database, but this should be an option in the next version.
  2. The track is too short or the audio is too poor quality to correctly identify the Puid.
  3. Operatng system differences, puid identification is currently slightly better on Windows and OSX than it is on Linux, so some files may not match on Linux but would match on a Windows system. This situation is being improved by MusicIP.

[quote=paultaylor]

There are three main reasons why a puid is not assigned to a file.

1. The puid does not exist in the MusicIP Database, Jaikoz doesn’t currently submit new tracks that dont exist ion the MusicIP database, but this should be an option in the next version. [/quote]

Thanks for explaining that (or re-explaining as the case may be). I was wondering why certain songs I couldn’t get a fingerprint generated. I thought it was all local where generation was concerned.

I still get this error for every file with 2.4.1 under Linux (Gentoo), but not under Mac OSX. Here are the log files.

Regards,
Jochen

You only tested against 12 files, not a very exhaustive test.

Does your linux installtion support 32bit and 64 bit because the 32 bit libraries are required for the fingerprinting to work.

May 25, 2008 2:58:07 PM: INFO: Retrieved 0 acoustic ids successfully
May 25, 2008 2:58:07 PM: INFO: Unable to find a match for 4,011 tags
May 25, 2008 2:58:07 PM: INFO: Completed retrieval of Acoustic Ids for 4,118 files

Most of these files are processed correctly under MacOSX. Also, my Linux is 32bit only.

Regards,
Jochen

Can you email me a file that works on Mac but not on Linux so I can investigate further.

Hi, I am also having problems with

In the concole i get the following error for a variety of tracks:

Nov 8, 2008 8:15:00 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 36 fileG:\My Music\Chumbawamba-Amnesia.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Nov 8, 2008 8:15:00 PM: INFO: Retrieved 0 acoustic ids successfully
Nov 8, 2008 8:15:00 PM: INFO: Unable to find a match for 1 tags
Nov 8, 2008 8:15:00 PM: INFO: Completed retrieval of Acoustic Ids for 1 files

Its a pretty good quality file, fairly popular, a few minutes long, and i am using a a bought copy of Jaikoz for windows. Any thoughts on how i could fix this? (it is also happening for other similar files).

Thanks in advance,

-Gaiko

Some tracks cannot be analysed because of bugs in Genpuid provided by MusicIP . I do not develop this software but you can either send me the file and I will pass it on or send it direct to support at musicip dot com and they should be able to find what the problem is.

Hi,

I’m refreshing this …

I use Jaikoz 3.5 installed on Windows XP, my flac files are located on D-link NAS DNS-323 controlled by Linux.

For every file i receive a message “unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song, because this track cannot be analyzed”

Could you guys help me ?

Many thanks

[quote=dartman]Hi,

I’m refreshing this …

I use Jaikoz 3.5 installed on Windows XP, my flac files are located on D-link NAS DNS-323 controlled by Linux.

For every file i receive a message “unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song, because this track cannot be analyzed”

Could you guys help me ?

Many thanks[/quote]

My first guess : permissions problem.

Have you moved one of the files in question to you machine and attempted the same process? If so, did it fail or work?