SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Unable to retrieve acoustic ids

Hi, I’m running jaikoz on linux and have the following issue: When I try to retrieve accoustic IDs, I get the following kind of messages:

Feb 8, 2007 4:55:18 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for /home/me/music/Jethro Tull/This Was/02- Jethro Tull - Some Day The Sun Won’t Shine For You.mp3 because this track cannot be analysed
Feb 8, 2007 4:55:34 PM: INFO: Retrieved 0 acoustic ids successfully

Is this happening for every track ,or just the occasional one. Could you send your log files to support at jthink dot net so that I can investigate.

I am on the trial version, and I am having the same problem. I am running Mac OS X. I will send the log files.

The linux 1.5 version uses a new version of the Get AcousticId program which is much more accurate, I think this would fix the original posters problem. For OSX this new version of the Get Acoustic Id program is not availble yet, but should be very soon.

I am using a licensed copy of 1.5.0 on Linux and I’m still getting message with almost every mp3 file I’ve tried it on. Is there any way to get more verbose output so I can find out what it is that’s wrong with my files? All these files load and play fine in every other program I’ve tried them with…

I’m suprised you our still not having much luck. Jaikoz v1.5 performs much better for Linux than v1.4.1, however I don’t think it is still quite as accurate as the Windows version, but unfortunately the code for generating acoustic ids is not written by me, but provided by MusicIP so i dont know the full details of the differences, I have asked MusicIP if they can give me any more information on the differences.

Could you try running Jaikoz on Windows against these files as a test/workaround ?

Paul

I’m getting the same error with jaikoz 1.6.1 (full license) on Suse 10.1. When retrieving acoustic IDs for just about any song, the console displays

WARNING: Unable to retreive an acoustic id for <file>
INFO: Retrieved 0 acoustic ids successfully
INFO: Completed retrieval of Acoustic Ids for 1 files

The terminal screen says:

[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
08/04/2007 00.48.19:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:0:null

Interestingly, if I manually run genpuid on these files (with an anonymous key from musicip), many of them do in fact return a puid. Which leads me to believe the problem is with jaikoz. Any ideas?

[quote=Anonymous]I’m getting the same error with jaikoz 1.6.1
[/quote]
This specific error is new , Ive never seen it could you please send your your full jaikozuser0-0.log and jaikozdebug0-0.log so I can analyse this properly.

Same error with 1.7.0 on Suse 10.1 and 1.6.1 on Suse 10.2 (different system). Any progress?

I have not yet managed to get hold of a Suse system to try and reproduce this, it is not happening on my Fedora Linux system

For testing like this, I find vmware extremely useful. You can install any OS/Distro you need to, to test compatibility.

The server version is free to download and use (www.vmware.com)

[quote=cpicton]For testing like this, I find vmware extremely useful. You can install any OS/Distro you need to, to test compatibility.

The server version is free to download and use (www.vmware.com)
[/quote]
thanks for the tip

Has there been any progress on this issue? It’s been about a month since I first posted.

i havent forgotten but OpenSuse is not officially supported so i must admit it has not been top priority. I have been trying to use Innotek VirtualBox to get a working Suse installation, but without success.

i havent forgotten but OpenSuse is not officially supported so i must admit it has not been top priority. I have been trying to use Innotek VirtualBox to get a working Suse installation, but without success.[/quote]

have the same problem with “this track cannot be analysed” on Suse 10.2 any help to fix it? Using full licence 1.9.4, it’s a issue of priviliges?

I can let you test it on mine server if you can’t install virtual machine and get OpenSuse if you are interested. let me know at thedop@gmail.com

i havent forgotten but OpenSuse is not officially supported so i must admit it has not been top priority. I have been trying to use Innotek VirtualBox to get a working Suse installation, but without success.[/quote]

have the same problem with “this track cannot be analysed” on Suse 10.2 any help to fix it? Using full licence 1.9.4, it’s a issue of priviliges?

I can let you test it on mine server if you can’t install virtual machine and get OpenSuse if you are interested. let me know at thedop@gmail.com[/quote]
I wrote it :slight_smile:

I see this issue, too.
This is under Gentoo Linux with all latest updates and Sun’s VM 1.5.0_11.

Examples: ```
21/06/2007 19.41.12:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:29:null
21/06/2007 19.45.07:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:95:null
21/06/2007 19.45.56:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:112:null
21/06/2007 19.46.32:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:127:null
21/06/2007 19.46.45:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:132:null

I have uploaded all log files (userlog, debuglog and part of the console output) [url=http://lumumba.uhasselt.be/~nocturnal/jaikozlogs.tar.bz2]here[/url].

Ok, so this problem has happened on three occasions nows, and always with Linux, I haven’t managed to replicate it myself.

Can you clarify for me is this happening consistently for the same files. For example in the debug log where it says Unable to create Puid for:132, the 132 refers to the 133nd file (because records are labelled from zero) in the list when sorted by record number. So if this problem occurs again after identifying the record you could right click on it s record header and just select ‘Remote Correct/Correct Acoustic Ids’ to retry this one file.

If it does reoccur could you send me the file and/or try against Windows or OSX to see if the problem persists.

Another thing that might be useful would be if you increased the logging output but this will slow down jaikoz so you only really want to do it for when running a test , not all the time. You can increase the logging by using the jaikoz.sh shell script and editing the value -l2 in jaikoz.sh to -l7.

[quote=paultaylor][…]
Can you clarify for me is this happening consistently for the same files. For example in the debug log where it says Unable to create Puid for:132, the 132 refers to the 133nd file (because records are labelled from zero) in the list when sorted by record number. So if this problem occurs again after identifying the record you could right click on it s record header and just select ‘Remote Correct/Correct Acoustic Ids’ to retry this one file.
[…][/quote]
(The list in the GUI of Jaikoz also starts from 0.)
What I did was first analyse a directory of 517 files with genpuid (all files at once). I saved the output in a file. Then I opened the same directory in Jaikoz, started the acoustic analysis, and waited until 2 songs had shown the error. Then I cancelled the operation, and retried acoustic analysis on them separately. This did work. The PUID for these songs was also present in the saved output of genpuid itself.

Then I closed Jaikoz (without saving anything), reopened it, and did everything exactly the same. There were errors again, but this time on different files! The files that gave errors the first time, had no problem this time. Again right-clicking and analyzing only that file gave no problems. The files that had errors this time also didn’t give any error with genpuid.

It is possible that these files are corrupt, but even that can’t explain why it doesn’t always hang on the same files. What I am wondering about is the error format:

23/06/2007 01.06.15:WARNING: Unable to create Puid for:11:null

What programs generate these? The first one doesn’t seem like your log format. [edit]I found out it’s an error from your XML parser. So probably the output received from genpuid isn’t up to par all the time…[/edit] The second one states the list number (so probably from your program) and then ‘null’. Where do you print this message? What should follow the list number? Seems like that parameter isn’t initialized…

I’ll retry this with more debug output later…
I’m also going to try redoing the entire directory with genpuid, seeing if it also sometimes fails on different files.

[quote=Nocturnal] What I am wondering about is the error format:

What programs generate these? The first one doesn’t seem like your log format. [edit]I found out it’s an error from your XML parser. So probably the output received from genpuid isn’t up to par all the time…[/edit] The second one states the list number (so probably from your program) and then ‘null’. Where do you print this message? What should follow the list number? Seems like that parameter isn’t initialized…

I’ll retry this with more debug output later…
I’m also going to try redoing the entire directory with genpuid, seeing if it also sometimes fails on different files.[/quote]

Thankyou for taking the time to look at this, it appears that the problem is not file related but related to the interaction between Jaikoz and Genpuid.

This lines comes from jaikoz:
The null is because there is an exception but it has no error message, it is not because something is not inilitized.

I dont know where
is coming from but I guess it is coming from genpuid in some way. Ive just reread your message how do you its from the xmlparser, thats interesting.
Yes please try with more debugging, this may give the extra information I need to fix this.