SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Task to snatch artists pictures only?

Hi @paultaylor,

I hope you are doing good.

As you may know, I tend to use my local medias exclusively when adding music to this or that media manager (navidrome/plex/…).

I have pretty much all the covers of my entire library, either, if matched, in my flac files themselves, or either (if unmatched yet), as a folder.jpg file in each album folder.

A few days ago, I decided to give a go to Music Assistant, but using the plex integration makes it unresponsive. So I’m now testing it with a direct access to my media files.

This brings me to a state where I would need to have my artists pictures in each of my artists folders.

Is there any way to make use of songkong to exclusively do this task ?

Parse each artist folder, search for the artist on MB, discogs and bandcamp, snatch the artist picture, save it in the artist folder.

Would be cool :slight_smile:

Thanks !

Hi, so when you run Fix Songs you can configure it to search for artist artwork and add album artist image to the album artist folder on the Other Artwork tab - see Tutorial: Fix Songs, Other Artwork Options for more details.

So just run Fix Songs again with For Songs Already Matched set to Update Metadata Only, updating existing match is much quicker than trying to find match. Obviously because you have a large collection this will take some time but in usual situation should not. And it would not be significantly slower than if you had dedicated process as requested since the two slowest tasks are searching for and downloading that artwork and then saving it to filesystem.

Additional thoughts:

• I Iooked at getting artist images from Bandcamp when I implemented the Bandcamp task but Icould not find a reliable way to get the artist image.
  • This solution does mean that album artist image is added to both file and folder. Most portable to add images to files but some players dont recognize image types meaning for the front cover they could possibly display album artist image instead of cover art image. If you have this issue the workaround would be to delete album artist images afterwards using MetaGrater.