SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SongKong updates not installing on Windows 10

Hello Paul

I Have been unable to update SongKong 5.6 on My Windows 10 laptop.

Each time i get a message that a new update is available (5.8, 5.9, 5.10) and try to run the update i get the following error message.

“Could not find loosely bundled file: JVM64/README.html”

Here is the error log.

ase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:299
in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:475
in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:528
in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:627
in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.extract() at UnpackerBase.java:673
in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.LooseFileUnpacker.unpack() at LooseFileUnpacker.java:132

Edward

Hmm, no one else seems to have issue.
Are you using the self extracting zip or the regular zip download, and at what point does it go wrong, can you please email support@jthink.net a screenshot.

Hello Paul

Sorry for the late reply, i have been in hospital etc.

I am still having the same problems with Songkong.

I am on version 5.6 and cannot update to the latest version.

I am also unable to uninstall Songkong so that i can reinstall SongKong.

When i try to uninstall SongKong i get the following error message

Java Virtual Machine Launcher

“Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile C:Program Files\Jthink\Songkong\Uninstall\uninstaller.jar”

I have the same problems as before when i try to update SongKong, i have sent screenshots to support but got no reply.
i will send new screenshots to support.

Edward

Hi, I just checked and I did reply to you by email on the 27/09/2018, please check.

To uninstall simply delete C:\Program Files\Jthink\Songkong\ folder
Then to install new version, please you the Zip version rather than the Self-extracting Zip version.