SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SongKong stuck after 4037 files

I’m very sorry. Your instructions correspond exactly to what I did prior to the last run. But apparently no report was created after that.

So now I have done a few short runs with various results:

First I tried to do again the steps that you mentioned in your previous post. After clearing the logs, the SongKong GUI froze and I could not open any other menus. Then I got a message that the database is corrupt and and option to delete / reset the database which I did.

Thinking something is seriously wrong with my SongKong installation I then uninstalled SongKong, restarted the PC and reinstalled SongKong to start from scratch. Deleted the reports and emptied the database.

I then ran the short test three times without deleting anything in between. I am sending you the support files

Interesting: One of the scans was immediately stuck at zero. Task manager was showing the app as active (with very small CPU load) and not as supspended

Hi, there is hardly anything in these logs and there are no reports. Are you clearing stuff out each time you run the task, to be clear if you are i dont want you to do that.

Okay no you are not clearing it out but I think that maybe you are just being a bit impatient ?

If you look at this log extract, at 16.56.07 it is writing to a file, but by 16:56:38 SongKong had been restarted, this is only 31 seconds later, so how did this come about did SongKong actually crash and fail or did you stop/kill it off and then restart it.

23/03/2022 16.56.07:CET:Mp4TagWriter:writeHaveExistingMetadata:SEVERE: Writing:Option 7.1, Increased Data
23/03/2022 16.56.07:CET:JthinkSearchServer:doQuery:SEVERE: G54:D:\music_test\m4a\Back To Earth\Kairos - The spirit of time (m4a):false:false:false:false:?type=release&query= ( (artist:(back~0.7 OR to OR earth~0.7) ) AND  (release:(kairos~0.7 OR the OR spirit~0.7 OR of OR time~0.7) release:(kairos~0.7 OR spirit~0.7 OR of OR time~0.7) )) AND tracks:10 AND src:1&limit=3&offset=0
23/03/2022 16.56.07:CET:JthinkSearchServer:doQuery:SEVERE: G54:D:\music_test\m4a\Back To Earth\Kairos - The spirit of time (m4a):false:false:false:false:URLEncoded:?type=release&query=+%28+%28artist%3A%28back%7E0.7+OR+to+OR+earth%7E0.7%29+%29+AND++%28release%3A%28kairos%7E0.7+OR+the+OR+spirit%7E0.7+OR+of+OR+time%7E0.7%29+release%3A%28kairos%7E0.7+OR+spirit%7E0.7+OR+of+OR+time%7E0.7%29+%29%29+AND+tracks%3A10+AND+src%3A1&limit=3&offset=0
23/03/2022 16.56.07:CET:Mp4TagWriter:writeHaveExistingMetadata:SEVERE: Writing:Option 7.1, Increased Data
23/03/2022 16.56.38:CET:SpecialPlatform:isMacMusicAppSupported:SEVERE: MacOS:windows 10
23/03/2022 16.56.38:CET:SpecialPlatform:isMacMusicAppSupported:SEVERE: MacOS:windows 10
23/03/2022 16.56.38:CET:SongKong:init:SEVERE: Checking for Existing Preferences:C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\SongKong\songkong.properties:true
23/03/2022 16.56.38:CET:SongKong:setLocale:SEVERE: Locale is:en
23/03/2022 16.56.38:CET:SongKong:setExeFolder:WARNING: User Dir:C:\Program Files\Jthink\SongKong
23/03/2022 16.56.38:CET:SongKong:setExeFolder:WARNING: Java Dir:C:\Program Files\Jthink\SongKong\runtime
23/03/2022 16.56.38:CET:SongKong:init:WARNING: end
23/03/2022 16.56.38:CET:SongKong:finish:WARNING: finish
23/03/2022 16.56.39:CET:SongKong:writeSystemInfo:WARNING: SongKong 8.1 Scar 1134 07/01/2022 using Java 14.0.2 14.0.2+12 64bit on Windows 10 10.0 amd64 initialized successfully

Ok, I have had another go. I ran the short scan at 20h10. Around 20 seconds into the scan, the Fix Songs window became unresponsive. I then waited 50 minutes until 21h and the window did not change at all.
I am sending you the support files, hoping that a report was created. As SongKong was unresponsive I had to kill SongKong in Task Manager to be able to send the support files.

Thanks, okay the last line always seem to be this

23/03/2022 20.10.55:CET:Mp4TagWriter:writeHaveExistingMetadata:SEVERE: Writing:Option 7.1, Increased Data

so Im now wondering if some problem going on with writing to the files, so lets try the following

Run again but this time enable Is Preview on the Basic tab because this means the files will not actually be modified so maybe will complete, lets see.

If that doesn’t work try again but set For songs already matched back to Update Metadata and Filename Only just in case there is some issue with the Ignore option.

Running the scan with preview only seems to work:

This is the report that was displayed at the end

Selecting Update Medatada and Filename Only instead of ignore crashes

It worked (but with unreported error), okay please send over the support files again.

Support files sent just now

Hmm , looked at the logs a few ideas but it is very unclear.

Would it be possible you could upload the files to dropbox, if I can replicate the error myself it will be much easier to fix this.

Thank for the files. But I have run in preview mode and non preview mode without any issue at all and no errors, so what does that tell us?

It implies the problem is your computer, but I have no idea what the problem could be. Are there non-standard aspects that you think could be a factor, could you try with AntiVirus disabled as that can sometimes cause problems.

I have now done two things

• removed the Broadcom RAID controller
  • disabled write caching on the HDD where the music_test folder resides

Unfortunately I am still getting exactly the same issues as before. The complete test set runs until around 9k songs, the m4a test set runs almost to completion and then crashed at 211 songs
Hardware of the PC is standard ASUS Mobo, Ryzen CPU and Nvidia Graphics card. Win 10 21H2 with latest updates.
The only other special thing is that the machine is dual boot Windows and Ubuntu. Don’t think that should be an issue though, as this only impacts the boot process

Sorry I am stumped at the moment, do you have another PC you could try against if only to confirm the issue is specific to your PC rather than your files.

I will try with another PC next week and let you know.

I have now copied the music_test folder to a USB SSD and ran a complete scan with my ThinkPad T480S. The scan ran to completion without any issues. So the files seem ok.
I have sent the support files.
SongKong does not seem to like my desktop PC.

I have looked at the report, seems to have done a good job ?

So is it okay for you to use this PC as I cannot think of a way to determine what the problem is with the other PC.

It’s not ideal, but it will have to do.
My main use of SongKong will be on the Melco N1A EX to make use of intelligen browsing.
Do you know if there is a good primer how to get intelligent browsing on the Melco to work. It would shorten my learning curve

Okay, Intelligent Browsing mainly refers to using MinimServer to provide a better experience then with other UPnP servers (e.g Twonky/Asset). But for this to work well you need good metadata that SongKong can provide, you can do this by either

• Fixing songs on PC using SongKong installed locally on PC and then moving files to Melco
  • Fixing songs on remote Melco drive mounted onto PC using SongKong installed locally on PC
  • Fixing songs on Melco using SongKong installed on Melco, and then accessed via web browser from PC or Ipad

It sounds like you have done 1, I would recommend using 1 or 2> for major metadata changes and using the version installed on Melco for new music or minor metatdata changes just because the Melco does not have the cpu power that PC will have, it only has one quite slow cpu.

I have written a guide on minimServer http://blog.jthink.net/2017/03/introduction-to-upnp-av-for-streaming.html which is a bit out of date but should give you a good basic understanding, and Simon is very active on the MinimServer forum.

Also check out the SongKong for Melco faq

Thanks @paultaylor , makes sense. I will certainly try SongKong on the Melco to test how long it will take.

One last question: I have installed the iOS Melco app, but have not found any way to access / operate Melco from a browser on the PC

Hi, you have misunderstood a little.

The iOS Macapp is the UPnP Control Point , this is used to control the playing of music from your Melco, there are also some web based control points that you could use instead in a webbrowser but that this not what I meant.

SongKong on Melco can be accessed via web-browser using http://ipaddress:4567
MinimServer on Melco can be accessed via web-browser using http://ipaddress:9790

where ipadress is the ipaddress of your Melco, e.g http://192.168.178.58:4567

ok, understood
I was aware of the ways to access SongKong and MinimServer on the Melco.
I will stick with the Melco App as control point. As I have only one iPad, I had hoped there would be an alternative Control Point on Android. mConnect Player HD for Android seems to work ok, but I’m not sure it ticks all the boxes