SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SongKong on QNAP231

Hello, I am new here. i got Songkong a few days ago, and it works fine on my PC, accessing the files on my QNAP. Now I found out I could install Songkong on my QNAP directly, accessing it from a web browser.

Instaling and get it to work on my QNAP did not succeed. I am not familiar with the container software, so a bit of help is welcome. i found a guide to install it, but it is a bit old and images are not up to date to my QNAP TS231P3.
In the log I find:

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 1949696KB object heap

Any help appriciated

Sorry trying to look into this for you but my qnap arm32 server is failing to install any images for some reason (not just the songkong) one so I cannot run through this at the moment.

But in your case it is complaining it cannot alocate enough memory even though the songkong.sh start file does not specify a minimum memory usage but it is trying to allocate 2GB of memory I dont understand why.

How much memory does your nas have?

My QNAP has 4 Gb ram

Do you have other things running on the nas ?

DLNA UPNP to stream music and a manual backup
Nothing fancy

Could this be it, and can I fix it?

Why do the installed third-party containers not run successfully on specific 32-bit ARM devices?

Last modified date: 2022-06-24

Answer

QNAP updated the system page size from 4K to 32K for better performance and user experience on the following 32-bit ARM devices. This change in the compute environment could limit the container’s access to memory. To avoid container segmentation faults, verify third-party container page size compatibility before installation.

Affected models:

Series Models
TS-x31P TS-531P

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/article/why-do-the-installed-third-party-containers-not-run-successfully-on-specific-32-bit-arm-devices

Don’t know really, but when you create container from image do you get option to set memory limit similar to this.

If so please try reducing it to 200 MB and see if that resolves issue.

changing this to 2000 did help. Only I see an empty music folder, but that could be some other setting. At least I can see Songkong in my browser now.

You need to map your real music folder to the /music virtual folder as described in the instructions.

It is fixed now, thanks!
I had to remove the container and create new one. I was not able to edit the /music folder.

That’s correct, you have to define it when you define the container.

Thanks Paul for all help. Everything seems to work now.
When I start a Fix songs on my QNAP through the webbrowser, and it would take a long time. Does quitting the browser abort the process, or can I start it, and close my PC?

You can close PC but don’t close browser so you can then check progress later on when reopen PC.