SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Songkong 9.3 Mac stalls after more than 16000 completed tracks

While trying to tag 4 folders with classical tracks in order to eliminate duplicates, SongKong has stalled since several hours after successfully completing 16777 tracks initially. I am running SongKong 7.3 on a 32GB Macbook Pro m1 and have 16GB application memory allocated for SongKong and all files are on the internal SSD. The same behavior occurred yesterday and I deleted database and log files before a new run to confirm the problem today.

After 2 days no change, still 16777 tracks completed. SongKong 9.3 continues to use around 20% cpu.

Ok,please cancel then run Create Support Files

Thank you, Paul, very much appreciated! Files are uploaded.
SPM

Found and fixed the issue - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2469

This will be in next version, or if I have time I may upload a new version of 9.3 with the fix.

Hi, okay I have now released new version with this fix for MacOS, please give it a go and let me know how you get on.

You can double check you have new version by checking SongKong:About menu, the Build Date should now say 17/July/2023

That was fast! Thank you so much, Paul. I just downloaded the m1 version and will set up the job again for a confirmation of the fix. Thanks again!
SPM

1 Like

It’s fixed, Paul! After deleting all traces of the previous failed attempt, I re-ran the job and it finished without flaw. Thank you for you fantastic support!!
SPM