SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SongKong 7.3.2 Loop

Hello,
SongKong 7.3.2 Schmilko Pro 1129 appears to have been in a loop for the last hour or so.
Near 100% cpu and it had allocated nearly all the 32 GB of RAM.

The screen shot should show the state just before I killed it.
It was unresponsive to both Pause and Stop buttons.

How best do I provide you with more diagnostic data?

My system is Win 10 Pro fully up to date on a Thinkpad i7 6600U (Oct 2016 vintage) with 32GB RAM and an SSD. The music is on a Synology DS918+ with abundant space.

Thanks,
David H-S

I think this is https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2237
Do you have renaming files enabled and if so does the problem go away if you switch off file renaming ?

Thank you, Paul.
I disabled renaming and there was an immediate improvement, but it then failed towards the end.
I then realised from looking at the folders in my music library that there was a large duplicates folder. I had not been aware of that, so I moved it off the Synology to an old drive and then emptied recycle.
Now SongKong ran much more happily, completing within the hour.
Thank you.

Great, would be helpful for me if you could send your support files, just simply select Create Support Files from the menu along the top.

Support files sent.
Note that these latest files reflect the position after yesterday’s successful run. After I removed the previous duplicate folder, no fresh one has appeared.
My music is a bit of a jumble, mostly classical or near, accumulated over many years.

I had run SongKong this time in the vain hope it might help with a Kazoo problem. The Windows version can see there are some 4,561 items in 452 folders, but won’t give me a full composer or folder list. It shows just the first dozen or so. The Android version sees all folders, but it is a “klunky” mess to use. Very strange. I have un- and re-installed Kazoo to no effect; I click on the right bar but get just a blank display.
… Not your product I know! I rather despair of Kazoo.

Thanks,
David

Hi David

Thankyou, regarding Kazoo issue, Kazzo is only the controller, have you reindexed the data on whatever uPnp server you are using t pick up the modifications made by SongKong.

Renaming errors

File S:\Collections\Igor Levit plays Bach, Beethoven, Rzewski\067 - Rzewski - The People United Will Never Be Defeated! - 36 Variations on íEl pueblo unido jamas sera vencido! - Thema. With determination.flac cannot be moved to S:\Igor Levit\Bach Goldberg Variations - Beethoven Diabelli Variations - Rzewski The People United Will Never Be Defeated! [HD] (disc 3 The People United Will Never Be Defeated!) (1)\oldberg Variations - Beethoven Diabelli Variations - Rzewski The People United Will Never Be Defeated! [HD] (disc 3 The People United Will Never Be Defeated!) - 03 - 01 - 36 Variations on ¡El pueblo unido jamas sera vencido! Thema. With determination.flac because S:\Igor Levit\Bach Goldberg Variations - Beethoven Diabelli Variations - Rzewski The People United Will Never Be Defeated! [HD] (disc 3 The People United Will Never Be Defeated!) (1)\oldberg Variations - Beethoven Diabelli Variations - Rzewski The People United Will Never Be Defeated! [HD] (disc 3 The People United Will Never Be Defeated!) - 03 - 01 - 36 Variations on ¡El pueblo unido jamas sera vencido! Thema. With determination.flac (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

Jun 6, 2021, 12:00:59 PM

Rename Failed from S:\Collections\Igor Levit plays Bach, Beethoven, Rzewski\067 - Rzewski - The People United Will Never Be Defeated! - 36 Variations on íEl pueblo unido jamas sera vencido! - Thema. With determination.flac to S:\Igor Levit\Bach Goldberg Variations - Beethoven Diabelli Variations - Rzewski The People United Will Never Be Defeated! [HD] (disc 3 The People United Will Never Be Defeated!) (1)\oldberg Variations - Beethoven Diabelli Variations - Rzewski The People United Will Never Be Defeated! [HD] (disc 3 The People United Will Never Be Defeated!) - 03 - 01 - 36 Variations on ¡El pueblo unido jamas sera vencido! Thema. With determination.flac

Note at the end it says (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect) and the filename is very long so I wonder if some of the new filenames are just too long for the Synology

Your rename mask is AlbumArtistorArtist/Album/Artist - Album - Track - Title, for Classical music this can lead to long filenames so it may be worth swapping to something like AlbumArtistorArtist/Album/Track - Title

Its difficult to be sure of the filesystem limitations when saving files to a remote drive but you can smake use of the Limit File Path to Windows Explorer 259 Character limit and Enable Maximum File Path Length options on the Filenaming tab

Slowness of Save Renaming issue fixed by SongKong 7.4 released 9th June 2021