SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SK 9.01 Folder not being renamed

Hi Paul

I’m in a bit of a mess following the overwrite bug.

I can’t get SongKong to rename the folder despite using this (Roon profile):


Also I did find the following some custom settings (which are behaving like the standard mask above) but can’t for the life of me work out how SK would know it’s automatically a compilation album, so that the artist is inserted (and don’t want that for a regular album).

Regular albums - AlbumArtist - Album (Year)/Track - Title

ifnotempty(albumartist,' - ')
+ ifnotempty(album,' ')
+ '(' + (albumyear.length>4 ? albumyear.substring(0,4):albumyear) +')/'
+ ifnotempty(pad(trackno,2),' - ')
+ title

Compilation Albums - AlbumArtist - Album (Year)/Track - Artist - Title

ifnotempty(albumartist,' - ')
+ ifnotempty(album,' ')
+ '(' + (albumyear.length>4 ? albumyear.substring(0,4):albumyear) +')/'
+ ifnotempty(pad(trackno,2),' - ')
+ ifnotempty(artist,' - ')
+ title	

Many thanks.


There were some major changes in SongKong 9, including that file renaming was moved form Fix Songs to Rename Files, so first question is are you running Rename Files, second question is have to changed the value of Rename files based on metadata from No because if not it will not rename (only move files if that configured)

Notice on this tab this is where we set Rename mask and Compilation mask, SongKong will use the Compilation mask if the songs have the Is Compilation field set to true

I’m afraid it’s still not working.

I’ve set up my masks (and also tried the default).

I suspect there’s a simple answer!

I select ‘Fix Songs’ and it normally works. Even selecting ‘Rename Files’ doesn’t work.

From that screenshot you still have Rename from Metadata set to No. Also it will never work from Fix Songs now because renaming moved to Rename Files task

I’m sorry - not getting these changes.

So you’ve now made it a two step process?

I’ve changed the setting and done both steps and still no joy.

I just want it to work as it did. ‘Fixed Songs’ did it all.

Ok, can you run Create Support Files then

The rename works if a folder is present in the working folder. If it just contains a bunch of files (as per my first test) nothing happens. The previous version created all the album folders automatically through ‘Fix Songs’.

Found one bug, Create Support Files doesn’t add reports from new tasks so I cant see your Rename Files runs. But if it is renaming sounds like perhaps the mask is wrong or you have checked Rename filename part only

Sorry, im busy with other non-work related things now so I probably won’t get back to you until Sunday now.

Rename part is not checked. You can see the masks I’m using in the post/previous email sent.

What i really need is to see your reports, since there is a bug in Create Support Files can you do the following for me

Go to:

-C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SongKong\Reports where username is your Windows username
-Zip up all the folders starting with name RenameFiles
-Send the zip file to

Ok will do. I’ve now read the background to your changes (2 step process) and understand.

It’s working so long as there’s an album folder to begin with. If all tracks are thrown into one folder, the rename doesn’t work.

Sorry file size too large for my email server.

Just send the last one then

Hi, okay I think I see issue

If you look at the options for Report 773 that did not rename you see Rename files based on metadata is set to Yes if matched to a release.

This is a sensible option to choose, but it means SongKong will only rename songs if matched to a MusicBrainz or Disocgs release, and these songs have not as can be seen by looking at

The 0 MB and 0 Discogs badges mean no songs have been matched to MusicBrainz or Discogs.

Whereas if you look at report 791 that did rename songs you can see the album had been matched to MusicBrainz (and Discogs)

So that is why the files were renamed

This behaviour has not changed, worked the same way In previous versions of SongKong.

Thanks Paul. I’ve changed the setting to rename if there’s metadata and all seems fine. I went through my settings since the original 9.0 install reset everything, so perhaps changed the default.

1 Like