For reference I am using SongKong on my iMac to edit my music database stored on my Melco N1 EX which I stream with a dCS Bartok controlled with Mosaic on my iphone or ipad.
This is mostly going well but I am struggling with album artwork updates when editing manually. I download missing artwork (usually from Amazon) and save it as a ‘folder.jpg’ file. I then click on ‘Replace Artwork’, drop the file on the dropzone (and it usually appears fine). I then click ‘Save’ and wait for it to do it’s thing. I then reopen the folder and about 50% of the time no sign of the new artwork.
So a few questions - hopefully someone can help and maybe Paul could step in?
- Am I missing something? I’ve tried clicking ‘Replace Artwork’ after dropping the file on the Dropzone but that doesn’t seem to make a difference.
- Are there restrictions on the file name for the artwork - does it always have to be folder.jpg
- Are there restrictions on the file size? I’ve tried reducing it…sometimes it works sometimes not
- If there is no artwork there already do I still have to click on ‘Replace Artwork’ because clearly I’m not replacing anything
- Often no artwork shows in SongKong and yet when I look on the dCS Mosaic app which I use to play music through my Bartok, the artwork shows - why is that if it’s not visible when I’m editing?