SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Monitor Watch Folder - Linux

I’m having issues with profiles on songkongremote on Linux.

With Monitor Watch Folder:

1. I made some changes to the default profile but the changes did not save and I had to set them again.

2. I cloned the “Default” profile, gave it a new name, selected my settings and started a job. When trying to run the same job for a second time the new profile wasn’t visible in the list of profiles to select. The only profile that was listed was “Default”.

Added:

Actually, I think that the monitor watch folder on Linux has more serious issues than just the profiles, at least on my install. It just stops running before I have had a chance to copy any albums into the directory - this job only runs for a few seconds and then presents the report page. It is supposed to wait for albums to be dropped into it right?

I have restarted SongKong and tried again with the same results. I uploaded support files with a note about jobs 75, 76 and 77. Looking at jobs 73 and 74 - I’m not sure what happened with those, they were definitely not the intended watch folder.

I’m away, will look at this next weekend.

Thanks Paul,

I hope that whatever you are doing includes some fun stuff!

Okay
There is an issue with cloning profiles if try to clone Default profile, see https://jthink.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/SONGKONG/issues/SONGKONG-2432

Checked your support files, there is an error occurring each time you start Watch Folder, raised https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2436 and will investigate further.

Fixed the WatchSongs stopping immediately error ready for next release. The workaround until then is to put a song into the watch folder so it isn’t completely empty.

1 Like

Thank you, I will test adding a song to that directory this weekend. Looking forwards to the next release.

Both issues fixed in SongKong 9.1.1 Juju released 3rd of May 2023

Hey Paul, I got 9.1.1 installed and tested. The monitor watch folder doesn’t seem to do anything. I sent support files - jobs 80 and 81 are my test ones. The job kept on running this time but it didn’t appear to process any of my changes. This is using remote on Ubuntu.

After it started did you add a folder of songs to the watch folder or directly add songs to the watch folder?

It should only work for first case.

Yes, I copied some albums in. Each album was in its own directory that included Flac files and a cover image. I was testing with 6 albums that were new additions to my library.

Okay I looked at your logs, there is no indication that anything was added to watch folder, SongKogn does not seem to be seeing them.

But I have just tested with linux based docker and it worked fine

• Configured Watch Folder
  • Started Watch Monitor Watch Folder
  • Copied David Guetta folder over containing album Guetta Blaster
  • SongKong picked up on this and processed it
  • Stopping task can see it was processed okay
  • I then try adding album folder directly to the watch folder, and again it worked fine

So I dont know if you are doing something different, or if there is an issue with your particular brand of Linux, or maybe it is fileystem specific - is your watch folder on a locally mounted linux drive ?

The watch folder is on a NFS mount. I can try a directory that is local a bit later today. I’m copying the file by using the CLI of the box that is running SongKong. Our processes look pretty similar and I don’t think I’m missing anything from that perspective.

I think NFS may be the issue.

It’s doing the same thing with a local directory, I sent support files again - this time I have screenshots with date/time stamps and commands used for job #83. This is on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS.

Probably not the problem, but why do your music filenames have quote mark at start and end, can you retry without having these quotes.

Hey @paultaylor

The quotes were there because of spaces in the filenames. I removed the spaces and simplified a little so that there should not be any question of naming convention. I got the exact same results.

Hi, I have reviewed the code and I can see that if an exception occurs during intilization the exception is not logged properly, so I have fixed this and added some additional debugging. Then uploaded a new version of SongKong 9.1.1 for Linux, so please try re-downloading and installing latest version, About will now show build date of 06/06/2023 rather than 03/06/2023. Then try Monitor Watch Folder again on local filesystem, then rerun Create Support Files

You’re onto something, we had success here and I uploaded support files - Job #86 is the one of interest (the settings weren’t right on 85). 86 successfully processed 3 albums, slowly copied into the watch folder one at a time.

Hmm, all I did was add some logging and some code to catch Exception(which isn’t occuring according to your logs) so I dont see how that would fix anything.

It was really obvious that something was different, I’m comfortable that the process that I used had no differences. One thing that I have noticed though is that the files are not being renamed, I think it is supposed to use the mask from the rename files profile? It is moving them though. Perhaps I missed a setting in regards to renaming?