SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Missing Jar Error

I’m new and doing a new install on a Melco N1. The bad thing that is happening is that my log says-
Error: Unable to access jarfile lib/songkong-5.12.jar

Hmmm it should be looking for 5.13.jar if using latest version, Ill have to look into this.

Any news on a fix?

Sorry, no not yet.

Is there a way those log messages could be generated because I did something wrong during the install procedure? Or was this version never tested / installable?

Same issue here. I was trying to running an update and as a result neither MinimServer nor SongKong is running. Is there a workaround possible? I can?t use my Melco yet.

Maybe this Post should be moved into the Melco category?

Hmm sorry just been a bit with Xmas stuff to properly check this, however I cannot see how any problem with SongKong installer could have any effect on MinimServer

There is a script update-minimserver.sh…maybe that is causing the issue? Just thought.

Is is possible to reinstall with version 5.12? Where can I download the files please?

Sorry you are correct there is a bug in SongKong 5.13 for Melco, for Melco N1 I have put SongKong 5.12 on the download page so if you redownload it you’ll get the 5.12 version.

I have will try and have a fixed SongKong 5.12 for Melco as soon as I can, but it may not be until New Year now :frowning:

No worries Paul, enjoy your Christmas break. More on my progress here: http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/20101.page

Paul,

I still have hope for your software. However, I’m pretty disappointed. You charged money for software that was mislabeled as beta. Please let me know when start to run rudimentary tests on software you post.

Hi Carl, I am not sure what you mean about mislabelled as beta. SongKong is in beta status on the Melco N1 because this is a new platform for it, and because the installer is very different to other platforms and subject to change. But the actual main functionality and code base is the same as other platforms and not beta status.

We made a mistake with SongKong 5.13 for Melco and did neglect full testing, but this was due to the fact that i had a hard-disk problem with the Melco machine at the time. After main testing we would only be testing the installer per platform and hence normally would be no issue but we did make a mistake this time. We do release new version of SongKong every couple of month so it is important that we dont spend too much time testing each release as it eats into development time.

Anyway now fixed - SongKong 5.13 for Melco N1 has been tested and has now been uploaded to the website ready for you to install.