SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Lyrics Server not currently available

Unfortunately the lyrics server api has been disabled for the moment, Im not sure if it will become available or not so for the time being you should not run the Correct Lyrics task or it will put

<a href=http://lyricsfly.com>Find lyrics on LyricsFly.com</a>

into your lyrics field.

Correct Lyrics is also a default task in the Autocorrecter so you should remove it using Preferences:Manipulators:Autocorrecter

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Awesome. I just got my license today and was going to kick some ass on my collection now I can’t. So does this mean potentially no more lyrics ever if the API is forever dead?

It is just one lyrics provider of many.

Paul, did they say if they were just temporarily down because of technical issues, or is it one of them annoying legal issues?

Its unfortunate, but of it is only lyrics we are talking about at the moment. The future for lyrics is currently ‘unclear’

I seem to remember that Musicbrainz had a deal with or is linking to lyrics to LyricWiki: http://blog.musicbrainz.org/?p=458

Isn’t it an option to use those lyrics? As you’re already retrieving information from MB I would assume you already have the link to the lyrics if they exist, no? Just a thought.

This isnt currently used by Jaikoz, the trouble is the api links you to a webapage containing the lyrics but doesnt actually return the lyrics themselves.

http://api.wikia.com/wiki/LyricWiki_API

This is going to take a little time to work out the best course of action.

That’s too bad. Luckily for me lyrics aren’t a game stopper :slight_smile:

Yes, well it is very much a bonus feature of Jaikoz than a core feature.

Hi

I really hope this will be resolved …
I think this is the most coolest feature i jaikoz, and it was “back in the days” the main reason for me to “jump abord” the Jaikoz train :wink:

I too use Jaikoz mostly for getting lyrics & making sure tag data is correct… Jaikoz is my one stop solution.

I hope you can find a solution.

[quote=Porthos]I too use Jaikoz mostly for getting lyrics & making sure tag data is correct… Jaikoz is my one stop solution.

I hope you can find a solution.
[/quote]
Just to reinforce that Jaikoz has been the single best lyrics retrieval tool. It’s the only one I use. So best wishes, and hoping for a solid solution (quick, alone, is less interesting).

Many thanks.

Paul:
I really use this feature (bonus or not), and can provide some help if wanted.

This is only a guess, but from your post about LyricWiki_API it seems like Jaikoz currently can not use SOAP, and the restful API from LyricWiki isn’t working the way it should…

I can make a web application with a restful API as frontend, and SOAP as backend. Then all you would need to do is changing the URL for lyrics in Jaikoz…

Or maybe… make an option in Jaikoz for users to choose URL for lyrics? Then at least this can be solved temporarily…

Just some thoughts :slight_smile:

Hi Netphreak, thanks for your offer Jaikoz could certainly use SOAP. But what I’m saying is that LyricsWiki doesnt actually return the lyrics, just a webpage contaiing embedded lyrics so I cant extract the lyrics just point you to a webpage.

Or have I misunderstood it ?

Oh, I thought this limitation were restricted to the restful API only, not SOAP… Who on earth wants to use SOAP to receive a simple URL??? But I think you are right anyway.

I’ll send you a mail with other alternatives, they may not belong here.

Any progress on this? lyrdb.com should be fairly easy to use as replacement, right? The administrator of the database have even given permission to use it with Jaikoz…

I just want to know if there’s any point in waiting for this or look for alternatives when it comes to lyric tagging - pointless to do some tagging now, if a solution comes up some day, and I’ll have to tag the same tracks all over again…

Nothing sorted at the moment.

Sorry to bring this up again, but still nothing? I have had my Jaikoz work on hold since this feature disappeared, since we don’t know if it will be back…

I know there are probably more exciting or needed things to do with Jaikoz first, and I totally respect that - but the “fix” seems fairly easy - can you enlighten us on what’s holding you back on deciding if this feature will or won’t be back?

I would like to have a 100% legal option.

There’s only one way of making it “100% legal” (if at all possible) - and that’s to pay good money for it.

I would easily go for a (rather expensive) payable plugin, and I bet there’s a few more of us.

Yes, thats a way I may go but I need to get an agreement