SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

licensing issues

After the latest update Song Kong Pro changes to lite mode and says I must pay for a new version. That’s not how I read the license agreement and not what I’ve come to expect after sone years using both Song Kong and Jaikoz. I thought I would still have whatever functionality I had after the latest term while and have the option to pay for newer versons. Did I miss the boat entirely?

Hi, so I think the license is pretty clear, lets see if I can help. When you purchase SongKong you get a full year of updates, after one year it will cost �10 for another year of updates. I couldn’t find a license registered to your forum email address in the database but I think in your case when 5.11 was released it was within one year of your original purchase so you could download and install as with previous versions.

Then if 5.12 is released later then one year after your purchase it is outside of your free version upgrade period therefore license reverts back to lite.

So you can either:

1. Go back to 5.11 this will continue to work, there is no expiry
  2. Pay �10 for one year of version updates, not only would this renable 5.12 but if you purchased today, that would give you all future version updates upto 15/11/2019, currently running at about 1 release every six weeks.

Thank you for providing some clarity. Frankly I intended to pay for the version updates. Just as frankly I was a little pissed when I took the update and ended up losing function right away. Maybe the licensing detail is clear; though in my case it wasn’t. Possibly because I am registered blind and fine print and I just don’t play well together. Might be a good idea to somehow show that the earlier version will work if someone wants to revert.

I started with Classic and upgraded to Pro along the way. Then I bought Jaikoz as well. I had played with other audio taggers. Bought some too. None worked as well as yours although I do like the functionality of dbPoweramp when I’m rippimg a cd. None came near to being as responsive in terms of support either.

My digital library currently sits at 3TB; has 120,000 songs and is heavy on early country and rock but has a bit of everything.

I did update my profile email.

Hi, thanks for your support. The way it is intended to work is that if you are running 5.11 you’ll get notification that there is a new version, but it will also warn you that you do not have a valid license to use the new version until you pay for version updates. So you know this before you download new version, but I’ll see if I can make it friendlier if yo do go ahead an update anyway.

I checked your license and the purchase was made on 1st November 2017, hence updates expired 1st November 2018.

I have updated my license and sent a copy of both the receipt and the email acknowledging update via email to both the support and paultaylor email addresses with no response after 2 emails. The problem is I keep getting the application showing up in preview (lite) mode and not updating my database with corrections. What could be going wrong? The application worked without a problem until this update.

I believe it might be a problem with the original email address I licensed the product under and my current email - but I have no way to know since no one is responding to me.

Please help.

Hi, you purchased three years of Jaikoz updates and I associated with correct email address on server, but I dont think you have purchased updates for SongKong, is that the cause of issue ?