SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

License issue

I recently upgraded to V.3.4.3. I am running os 10.6.2. When I try run Jaikoz I get this error:

This license is currently being used by two other computers, this is the maximum allowed. If you need to use Jaikoz on this computer please shutdown Jaikoz on another computer or purchase additional license.

First of all, I only own one computer. I have not given out my license key to anyone else. However I have upgraded Jaikoz two times now so I’m wondering if this has something to do with it?

Please help!

Thanks

I experienced the same problem. I had to reinstall Jaikoz to make it work again. Perhaps this will help temporarily.

Are you shutting Jaikoz down properly, please try again and see if it now works for you.

I am having the same issue – it was working fine after installing the recent upgrade, and then it crashed a couple of times on me. I restarted my Mac, and then received this message (about having more than two computers running with the license). This is the only computer I am using Jaikoz on – how do I correct this error??

Shawn

I get the same response, i too did everything but scream and still shows the same error message.

Tried re-installing – no change (still get error message about exceeding license count).

How can you shut it down properly when it crashes?

True, but it shouldn’t be crashing if it is please send me your support files so I can work out why it is crashing. The licenses are checked centrally so Ive reset the licenses but if Jaikoz continually crashes you will hit the problem again.

It crashed again. I got you a set of support files and emailed them to you. I also restarted and it crashed again, but I cannot send you those support files because the license problem won’t allow me to get you those support files.

Should be able to now

Tried quitting it before warning came up and got this warning:

Unexpected Problem with Jaikoz please report problem to support@jthink.net
Jaikoz is already running, you cannot run another copy of Jaikoz on the same computer.

Hi:

I am having the same issue, and now cannot open Jaikoz, I am using the windows version. Please advise.

Thanks

If you get problem with "jaikoz already running on computer’ you need to go into Home : Preferences : Jaikoz
and delete Jaikozdb

this sounds like a problem of jaikoz not releasing database locks correctly when quitting

I got tha problem solved thanks Paul, but now it says I got another copy running and can run more than one on the same computer, clicked okay and it shuts down?

I’m running the Mac ver.
Waiting your response.

Garry

Yes if you get this error you need to go into Home : Preferences : Jaikoz
and delete Jaikozdb

Well it happened again, and I use a mac and I don’t have a home so where is this file?

keeps saying your more than one copy

Okay enough is enough, can you help PLEASE

I am running in to this same issue. I have windows xp and this is the only pc I have jaikoz installed on. My PC for some unexplained reason automatically rebooted while using jaikoz last time and now i’m getting the same message as other users.

Is there a fix for this problem? I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I also deleted my C:\Documents and Settings\username\Jaikoz\jaikozdb folder.

Ok so I got it fixed by deleting the entire C:\Documents and Settings\username\Jaikoz directory. Thanks!

It seems in the mac you also have to delete all directories, under user preferences and jailoz