SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Jaikoz and OSX Mavericks

Seths problem seems to be that Jaikoz is still using Quaqua look and feel when it should in fact be using the satndard OSX loook and feel now. Ive asked Seth to do the following and I post it here in case anyone else having the same issue

Please go into Preferences:Appearance
Note what is set
Try changing to something else, if Mac OS X change to System, or if System change to Mac OS X
Restart

If that doesnt solve the gui problems and the performance problems then you’ll need to delete your settings.jai file whicc will mean losing any changes you made to your settings and you’ll need to reinstall your license:

Close Jaikoz
Delete ~Library/Preferences/Jaikoz/settings.jai
Start Jaikoz

To confirm the post above did fix Seths problem

Sorry, Paul. Dragging and dropping from Chrome to Jaikoz did not work for me in 6.0.5. I haven’t tried Safari. I’m still doing the double drag, Chrome to Finder to Jaikoz.

Have you actually tried dragged from an image page rather than a webpage containing an image, the first now works the second does not.

Yes, I tried dragging from an image page in Chrome. Typical workflow: Running Chrome browser, doing Google image search, click on one of the images, then click on the View Image button. This typically brings up a page with a .jpg URL. Try to drag from here to Jaikoz, no go. Drag to Finder works fine.

Oh, okay - I haven’t tried with Chrome

Problem replicated, it is a bug in Java 7 for OSX, but it is fixed in Java 8 Pre-release for OSX, so I may move Jaikoz to use Java 8 earlier than I had planned.

Dragging for Chrome now fixed in Jaikoz 6.0.6

I’m running OSX Mavericks 10.9.1 and using lates jaikoz version. I’m trying to allocate more memory as listed in the manual , but when I open .infoplist file as per manual: there are no memory parameters listed in this file: Any ideas?? (jaikoz console states: minimum heap memory loaded as startup> i have some 16to 17k songs and the memory keeps running low.
Thanks

The method has changed and by default we just use the default as it now increases inline with the memory of your machine

Go to where you installed Jaikoz
Show pop-up, and select ‘Show Package Contents’
Go into Contents/
Select pop-up on Info.plist and choose Open With Other…
Select Application/TextEdit
Find the line that says -Dapple.awt.brushMetalLook=true> and add a new line below, i.e to set to 2GB add -Xmx2000M

You can check it has worked when you start Jaikoz by looking at the max memory allocated in the bottom right corner of the status bar. If it says

61 Mb of 1778 Mb ,

that means currently using 612 Mb but approximately 2gb has been allocated, that is the max value you are setting.

i had been using Jaikoz most recent version on Mavericks then upgraded to Yosemite. Had to revert back to Mav due to other software issues, but found Jaikoz had become zombie: would open but not function in any way and wouldn’t quit either – had to force-quit. I get no error message and even force-quit doesn’t list the program as “not responding”. It just sits there with it’s menu bar but everything is grayd out and program doesn’t function. I deleted the program and re-installed but same result. ideas?? tx!

I am running a mid-2010 macmini / 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo / Mavericks.

Not sure, but I have nearly finished Jaikoz 8 and will be testing it against Yosemite this week, so please be patient we will have a Yosemite tested version of Jaikoz available by the end of the week.