SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

iTunes on Phone - all same title

This is odd. On my mac - with iTunes i have great meta data (songkong is creating duplicates all the time because of iTunes Match which is driving me nuts but thats a different matter)… But on my phone all my songs are coming across with the same title. And the title is the genre. But when you play the song - the title appears. Is this an Apple Bug? I feel its only happened since I’ve songkong’d my library… Any ideas

Could it be do with grouping field. SongKong can optionally add genre to grouping field as well as genre field, this is useful when you are using multiple genres because iTunes will only display the first genre ion the genre field, but the grouping field will show them as a comma separated list fo fields.

Using Grouping like this has been common practise for many years. But in 2017 Apple added support for works and movements (for Classical music) to iTunes, and for mp3 they repurposed the grouping field to be used for Work, (in contrast they created a new field for mp4), could this be the issue ?

Yes! Finally had time to look at this - It IS the grouping issue. So how can I remove all Grouping tags? Is that possible?

Hi, not possible to delete this data currently within SongKong but using any standard tag editor you should be able to delete the data in the grouping field. For example you could use my other tool (Jaikoz) to easily do this by

• Loading your songs,
  • Right clicking the Grouping column header and selecting Empty Column
  • File/Save Changes