SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Huge library and Songkong performance

Will do later. Will let you know

Hi @Aymerich
Separately from the freezing issue you encountered (I got it too, on large but smaller libraries than yours!), may I suggest that you first run SongKong on a much smaller subset of files (let’s say : 100/200 files) moved in another directory, just to ensure that your settings are in line with your expectations (such as: file renaming, file tagging, file sorting…), if not already done!

This is for you to avoid to launch long batches twice… or more to reach your goal!
Cheers

Hello and thanks for the reply. I actually did exactly that. moved less than 1000 songs to smaller folders and then tried running Songkong on them but no luck… And I’ve moved around the files to different folders both on my Mac’s hard drive nd on two external ones. the weird thing is that i can access all the songs in all the folders with no issues at all (they are all in bold writing, but when I select them with Songkong, Fix It option; they all become “gray”. No idea if it has something to do with it… lost lots of time trying everything…

Looks like smaller batches work now… doing them by 300 each! Thanks

Hum… I didn’t see your on Mac. I’m not expert on MacOS.
What I would recommend:

1. Create a small folder with a limited number of files (10 is enough)
  2. Clear logs in SongKong
  3. Run a SongKong batch and send Support Files. I guess it will be easier to analyze them for Paul.

Another idea (if relevant): check if your antivirus software is not silently blocking the functionning of SongKong.

Well did two batches of 300 or less and now it won’t process 63 files…

So the original issue was that SongKong did not seem to be doing anything, this now appears to be solved using smaller batches ?

The second totally different problem is that some files cannot be loaded ?

I noticed when I looked at your logs that were a number of files that could not be loaded. These files may be totally corrupt audio files that don’t play, or they may be very slightly corrupted so that they can still be played but not edited. If you have some files of the latter type email support@jthink.net a few examples and I will look to see if we can handle them better.

Will send some of the files for you to check on them. Thanks

Okay I put these four files in folder and they were loaded and could be identified !

Please create folder and put these files into it and run Fix Songs to see if they continue to fail, then immediately after run Create Support Files

Working! Let you know if there are any issues…

Okay, I don’t understand why didn’t work before.

Managed to find some files that would not allow Songkongbto run. So I managed tk gigure out which Albums those where, removed them and ran the program wiyh no issues.
Working fine now.
Thanks

OK great, can you email me some of those files please since this should not stop SongKogn running and I would like to investigate.