SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How to exclude version tag

I’m using SongKong with the Roon profile. SongKong keeps filling in the version tag that displays as Version in Roon. I would like to exclude it but can’t seem to find it in the list of tags never to modify. I can finde Album version tag but the version tags keeps been filled in. How do I manage to stop SongKong adding the version tag?

SongKong doesn’t use a VERSION tag, I think it must already be in the files, what value does it typically have?

Hi Paul. Thanks for getting back to me.
If I delete the version tag in MP3 tag and run SongKong again it comes back again.
The value for the Peter Gabriel album 2 (Scratch) is: “Scratch, remastered”.

I just tried with Peter Gabriel So. I checked it before I ran SongKong and there was no VERSION tag. Afterwards there is a tag called VERSION with the value “mastered for iTunes”.

Hmm, away from office will have a look later today, could you also run Create Support Files

Thank you. I have created support files now.

Hi, you are correct the Album Version field maps to the VERSION field for Flac.

We use this when we match to a MusicBrainz album and it has a disambugation comment after the album title

e.g

You can prevent SongKong doing this by adding Album Version to the Never modify or add these fields option on the Format tab

If you need to remove from existing files use the Meta Grater task, and add Album Version to the Never modify or add these fields list

When I add Album Version to “Never modify” it seems to continue to populate the version tag. In fact if I add all the available fields to “Never modify” it still writes to the version tag. Is there some other setting that I’m missing that can override the “never modify” option?

You are correct, this is a bug, the check is missing, I have raised https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2483 and will fix for next release.

In the meantime you can run Meta Grater over your whole collection quickly to remove this field from any files it has been added to.

Ok good to know. I look forward to the next release.

Hi, this has now been fixed in SongKong 9.5 Jazz released 4th of September 2023

Thank you very much. I look forward to taking it out for a spin.