SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

How to avoid adding ID tag fields like MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID ..?

How to avoid adding ID tag fields like MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID, Acoustic_Fingerprint, SONGKONG_ID etc.,

Please find my format settings attached.

Why do you want to do this?

I have a large collection of around 10TB and I just want to add Fields “Album, Album Artist, Artist, Track, Title, Genre, Year” only if it is empty and don’t want to add any more metadata fields.

Is it possible to do in Songkong as per my requirement…?

The following fields can be added by Fix Songs and are required for the smooth running of SongKong.

• Acoustid Fingerprint
  • Acoustid Id
  • MB Recording Id
  • MB Release Id
  • MB Release Group Id
  • MB Track Id
  • SongKong Id
  • Discogs Album Url

For example MB Recording Id , MB Release Id, MB Release Group Id & MB Track Id are required so in reports we can identify which songs have been matched to MusicBrainz, and on subsequent rerun of Fix Songs we know what songs have already been matched effecting how options like For Songs Already Matched work . Discogs Album Url serves the same purpose for Discogs release.

Acoustid Fingerprint & Acoustid Id adds the fingerprint identifier to the song, this only needs to be done once and never changes but is a cpu intensive task, if it is removed and then reprocessed then it likely it will have to be added again

SongKong Id is used in options like Ignore songs previously checked that could not be matched

When running tasks such as Fix Songs it should not be possible to add them to the Never Modify these Fields or Only Modify if Empty but if using Desktop UI it is possible and this is a bug (if using Web UI it is not possible). However adding them has no effect they will still be written to, raised https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2641 to fix this so they cannot be added to the list.

If you really wants to delete these fields you can use MetaGrater task to delete all of them except SongKong Id.

If you really want to delete SongKong Id then you wil have to use a different tag tool to do this.

Also I notice in your screenshot you are using the Roon profile. If this means you are using Roon I would strongly recommend you do not remove the MB Recording Id, MB Release Id & MB Track Id fields because Roon recognizes these and will use them to identify the same MusicBrainz release instead of having to try and find a matching release by using textual metadata & track lengths.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining in detail. It really means a lot to members like me who is new to Songkong. I will keep the above fields for now as you said it will only helps in smooth running of SongKong. Its cool that that we have MetaGrater Task option to remove above fields if we don’t want anymore. Thanks a lot once again… :pray:

1 Like

Fixed https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2641 in