SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Freeze during Fix Songs process

Hi Paul - thanks for taking a look. Yes, it did get further so I did rescan and restarts, then started the Status Report. But, it is only loading about 80 songs an hour so it is going to take a week to run… Any other options?

kind regards, Karen.

Hmm, status report is usually very quick, hopefully it will start speeding up, otherwise just leave overnight, then cancel it and run Create Support Files

thanks Paul - left it overnight and it was still slow so cancelled this morning. You should get the support files shortly.
best regards,
Karen.

Hi @Karen

Okay I’m not clear why the status report ran so slow I have raised an issue to run some test on this as soon as I can. Now SongKong did almost manage to run FixSongs against all your songs so I think there is a good chance if you restart your Melco and then run it again it will work as it looks like the problem would only occur when Melco under heavy load, and you should already be seeing better metadata on your control point.

The next stage for trying to fix this crash issue, is to move from Java 11 to Java 14 (the most current version), this should not require any further code changes from me. But it does require Java 14 to be built for the Melco architecture, this is not available yet but I expect within a few weeks.

Hi again Paul - the rerun has also hung. Only got to 5000 or so this time, and very slow running, I think it had been going about 36hrs. I’m not sure if that means we are 25000+ songs now sorted or whether it starts again each time? But I’m sending the support files again so perhaps you could take another look when convenient. I tried the report too but that seemed very slow as well so cancelled before it completed.
many thanks and best regards,
Karen.

Files changes are saved as the songs are fixed so the good news it that it should mean 25,0000 songs are already fixed.

Okay disappointing that it failed earlier this time, I am still waiting for Java 14 to become available, I dont think there is much point you running anymore tests until I have that.

Thanks very much for the review and update Paul, much appreciated. We will continue as we are for now.
Best regards,
Karen.

Hi @Karen
Okay quicker than expected I now have a Java 14 build that is working for me. So could you please install new test version 6.9.1, you’ll need to create a songkong.test file in your shared folder as before to see it.

Then rerun Fix Songs and Create Support Files as before.

Hi Paul - wow! The Fix Songs ran apace yesterday and completed successfully! In less than 15 hours! So, I’ve done a rescan, a complete restart and run the Create Support Files so you can take a look.

I’m not sure what it tells me, so perhaps let me know what you think?

Very pleased anyway that we have run the process.
Many thanks for your help as always,
Karen.

Hi @Karen
This is very good news, but we are not quite out of the woods yet.

So Java is no longer crashing which was the problem we were trying to solve, however Java 14 seems to have introduced an error when we try to audio fingerprint files, which is one of the ways (but not the only way) we trying to identify your files, you can see these errors on the Errors and Warnings tab of your report.

So:

1. Until I can work out why the fingerprinting is no longer working I cannot release SongKong 6.9
  2. There is a small possibility that if I fix the fingerprinting problem and then you rerun your crash may reappear, but Im confident this wont happen.

So I need to resolve the fingerprinting problem, build a new release, and then have you test it one more time. Then that should be the end of the issue, thankyou for your patience.

Hi again @Karen
Okay we have now fixed the fingerprinting problem, this was due to a bug fix made in Java 13. So since I cannot reproduce your problem could you please install new test version SongKong 6.9.3, and rerun.

It will take longer this time because it should now be able to fingerprint the 1100 files it couldn’t fingerprint last time, and this is a cpu intensive task.But hopefully it should complete without crashing, if this is the case we can say the bug is fixed and I can do an official 6.9 release.

Hi Paul - 6.9.1 ran without hanging today so hopefully all good news now! I am just running a “Create Support Files” in case useful for you. Please let me know if you need anything else, otherwise I will go ahead and use all the new super metadata :smile:
AMany thanks again for all the fast support on this.
kind regards,
Karen.

Hi @Karen

Thankyou for testing this again, I have reviewed your support files and I am happy that the fix works and I will do an official 6.9.1 release incorporating this fix and a couple of other things later today or tomorrow.

Paul

SongKong 6.9.1 now released incorporating this fix

A post was split to a new topic: Songkong freezing on Melco