SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Fixing incorrect matches

In SongKong occasionally it will make a match to an incorrect release. Normally what I do when this happens is run the files through the undo fixes feature and then add the correct MusicBrainz ID to the album and then run it through SongKong again.

If I add the MusicBrainz ID using Jaikoz in trial mode, SongKong recognizes the ID from the tag and matches the files to the correct release. If I use Mp3tag to add the MusicBrainz ID, SongKong does not seem to be reading the MusicBrainz ID and continues matching to the incorrect release. Am I missing something? In Mp3tag I have the field mapped to MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID this appears to be correct as I can see the MusicBrainz ID entered in tracks SongKong has already processed.

I have also tried using the feature in Mp3tag to grab tags from MusicBrainz if I do this and run the tracks through SongKong, the tags are again ignored and the incorrect release is used for the match.

Is there anyway to fix these releases that does not involve purchasing a license for Jaikoz?

Hi, its a bit more complex than you might think!

There is not currently a way to force SongKong to use a particular MusicBrainz Release Id when matching because SongKong is usually used for matching multiple albums at once, but realizing that is often used just to match a single album we have https://jthink.atlassian.net/projects/SONGKONG/issues/SONGKONG-1308 planned

But if the files do have a MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID then that id will be considered UNLESS the album has already been matched by earlier stage (Matched by Albunack DiscIds).

So if Mp3Tag is adding the tag correctly then SongKong should treat same as if add Jaikoz. So the question is really if you are comparing like with like, the best test would be to take an album that SongKong was unable to match but could then match after fix in Jaikoz, reload in Jaikoz and do Edit/Delete All Metadata and Save then add the field in Mp3Tag and retry and see if it still fixes it, that would show whether or not added by Mp3Tag.

Unfortunately MusicBrainz made the decision to actually map fields differently for different audio formats so it could be your mapping in MP3Tag is correct for one format but not another, so are you comparing the same formats ?