SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Files hidden / remain

I am sorting my library and have one issue. If you look at the file directory there is only one entry for Billie Eillish, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go; however, SongKong is showing 4 listing Screenshot 2020-02-27 05.29.37 of which the last match the file directory. The first one has metadata and shows up in my Linn and Naim apps. However, cannot play as the files don’t exist. #2 and #3 don’t have anything but remain. How do I clean this up?

Thanks

I don’t fully understand are you saying these four subfolders don’t exist or that they do exist but in three cases are empty ?

If the former they must have existed at some point, if SongKong is showing folder that no longer exist please just reload the page in your webbrowser and that should remove them. If the issue is simply that they are empty then you can delete them by remote mounting the Melco drive to your computer (instructions for Windows at How do I mount the Melco Music disk on a Windows PC) and then deleting them from your computer. By default SongKong should delete empty folders by default but there a couple of issues that can prevent this from happening.

If you are still having problems it would be useful if you could select the Billie Elish folder, run Status Report and then Create Support Files so I can see the situation in more detail.

Sorry for the confusion, I will try to explain it better.

The directory only has one entry for “When we all fall asleep, where do we go?”. I cannot find any other subfolders.
There are subfolders in SongKong but I cannot find them in the actual directory.
I have mounted the Melco to my computer but cannot see more than one directory.
I have run the Status report and am doing Create Support Files.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Marc

Hi, so this is a screenshot from your the Status Report (from the support files you sent , Create Support Files doesn’t send cover art in report which is why they are blank)

So I would say that maybe When we all Fall Asleep Where Do We Go?[HD](1) and When we all Fall Asleep Where Do We Go?[HD](2) no longer exist, or alternatively they do exist but are empty.

When we all Fall Asleep Where Do We Go?[HD] definitently exists and it has files, so this may just be a case of having not reinilitilized your upnp server, please see Run Fix Songs seems to have made changes but UPnP Control Point still shows old data

When we all fall asleep where do we go [HD] also definitently exists and it has files, though note the problem displaying one character. If this folder is not visible to you I’m now thinking that maybe it is a permission problem that you have Rename files based on metadata set to Yes if matched to a release and SongKong has created new files/folders accordingly but these are invisible outside of Melco in some circumstances.

I will look into this some more but could you do me one more favour please. Install SongKong on your PC, and then run Status Report against the Billy Elish folder of the Melco mounted drive so that I can see what SongKong shows when running not on the Melco itself

Hi there,

First I did try rescanning and indexing on the Melco, no help.

I have loaded SongKong on my mac and run the report. However, not sure how to send it to you as when I click create support files, I get an error that there Your File Was Not Found.

Kind regards,
Marc

Hmm, can you show me screenshot of this File not Found Error

Hmm, please try again using normal desktop mode rather than remote web mode.

Done. I have sent you the report. Thanks for continuing to work on this for me.

Thanks that seems to confirm there is a permissions issue, so now I have to work out how it is happening.

I have raised this as an issue - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-1989

I have done some testing locally on permissions and I cannot find a permissions problem, I am now thinking that probably the issue is not permissions but special characters, the one we cant see on the computer has one character rendered as a square (meaning webbrowser was unable to render it) and this is preventing MacOS Finder and SongKong installed on MacOS from accessing it.

The unusual thing is that from the Melco logs the unviewable char in When we all fall asleep where do we go[][HD] seems to be question mark, and hence cannot understand why you have one folder with ? rendering okay and the other not, maybe the issue was with how the files got on to the Melco in the first place.

@mabaiglon I have just created a test version to help diagnose the problem.

Please install test version as described here - this should allow you to install SongKong 6.8.3
Then run Create Support Files, and this should be provide me with extra debugging information about your Bille Eilish folder.

Hi Paul,

Just done it. Apologies for the delay but with everything going on in the world, my real job got in the way. Appreciate all the help.

Marc

Thanks this is what we can see on your Melco (omitted the other Bille Ellish albums)

/mnt/disk1/share/Music/Billie Eilish:
    total 28
    drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody nobody 4096 Feb 25 20:37 When we all fall asleep where do we go [HD]
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root   root   4096 Feb 20 18:35 When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [HD]
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root   root   4096 Feb 25 16:34 When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [HD] (1)
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root   root   4096 Feb 25 16:34 When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [HD] (2)

/mnt/disk1/share/Music/Billie Eilish/When we all fall asleep where do we go [HD]:
    total 432740
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody  2178517 Feb 25 20:37 01-01-Billie_Eilish--SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 34904118 Feb 25 20:37 01-02-Billie_Eilish-bad_guy-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 40010862 Feb 25 20:37 01-03-Billie_Eilish-xanny-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 34018289 Feb 25 20:37 01-04-Billie_Eilish-you_should_see_me_in_a_crown-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 31173847 Feb 25 20:37 01-05-Billie_Eilish-all_the_good_girls_go_to_hell-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 40217794 Feb 25 20:37 01-06-Billie_Eilish-wish_you_were_gay-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 32532171 Feb 25 20:37 01-07-Billie_Eilish-when_the_party_s_over-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 30232944 Feb 25 20:37 01-08-Billie_Eilish-8-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 30764110 Feb 25 20:37 01-09-Billie_Eilish-my_strange_addiction-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 33020749 Feb 25 20:37 01-10-Billie_Eilish-bury_a_friend-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 25588343 Feb 25 20:37 01-11-Billie_Eilish-ilomilo-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 39058923 Feb 25 20:37 01-12-Billie_Eilish-listen_before_i_go-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 48586191 Feb 25 20:37 01-13-Billie_Eilish-i_love_you-SMR.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 20734498 Feb 25 20:37 01-14-Billie_Eilish-goodbye-SMR.flac
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root   root      26003 Feb 25 20:37 folder.jpg

/mnt/disk1/share/Music/Billie Eilish/When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [HD]:
    total 432716
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody  2178517 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 01 - !!!!!!!.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 34904118 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 02 - bad guy.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 40010862 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 03 - xanny.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 34018289 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 04 - you should see me in a crown.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 31173847 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 05 - all the good girls go to hell.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 40217794 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 06 - wish you were gay.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 32532171 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 07 - when the party's over.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 30232944 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 08 - 8.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 30764110 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 09 - my strange addiction.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 33020749 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 10 - bury a friend.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 25588343 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 11 - ilomilo.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 39058923 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 12 - listen before i go.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 48586191 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 13 - i love you.flac
    -rwxrw-rw- 1 nobody nobody 20734498 Feb 20 18:47 Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- [HD] - 14 - goodbye.flac
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root   root      24595 Feb 21 19:32 folder.jpg

/mnt/disk1/share/Music/Billie Eilish/When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [HD] (1):
    total 28
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 24595 Feb 21 19:33 folder.jpg

/mnt/disk1/share/Music/Billie Eilish/When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [HD] (2):
    total 28
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 26003 Feb 21 19:32 folder.jpg

So there is no permissions problem the problem is that the undisplayable char in When we all fall asleep where do we go [HD]: prevents Windows seeing the folder. But is is visible with SongKong on your Melco so if you

• Select this particular folder using SongKong on your Melco
  • Select Fix Songs
  • Set Rename Files from Metadata to Yes for all Files
    this should rename the folder to something without the funny character and then you can delete using Windows Explorer.
  • (Then next time you rerun Fix Songs set Rename Files from Metadata back to No)

When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [HD] (1) and When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [HD] (2) just contain a single folder.jpg file so should be possible to see and delete these folders on Windows.

Hi Paul,

Maybe it is because i am using a mac, but not having much success. I selected Fix Songs on the Melco and ran it. When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go  [HD]: disappeared, however, Song Kong still showed all the other folders. Since I couldn’t see them in Finder on the Mac I went into terminal and removed them. Somehow it removed all of them. So I copied the music file back and ran Song Kong again. I now have 6 copies according to SongKong but only one empty folder on the Melco according to terminal. I will run Create Support Files again. Apologies if I have done something wrong

! Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 3.28.18 PM|690x78

Here is what terminal shows

Okay, I forgot about using Terminal on Mac, good idea !

So I wonder if the problem is now that you are connecting to Melco as Guest rather than user nobody, with password nobody. Please retrying connecting as described here - How do I access Melco music disk from MacOS

Also if you restart Melco and then resend support files that would be useful. You need to restart Melco as the extra debugging info is only available when SongKong starts as part of the Melco startup.

This issue is caused by a bug - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2159 fixed for next release.
The Use Windows Compatible Characters is only applied to filename not the folder part of path and therefore it is not replacing the ? when it should be.