SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Delete Duplicate Songs not identifying all duplicate tracks

I am running a test on two artists on my computer which have known duplicates.

Example:
Artist: Tool
Albums: Undertow, Opiate, Lateralus, 10000 Days, Aenima and several non-album tracks (live, etc.)
Existing Formats: FLAC, WMA, mp3, m4a

I copied all of the songs into a single directory (SongKong Testing), and some songs are in the main directory, some are in the Artist folder (SongKong Testing / Tool) and some songs are in the Album Directory (SongKong Testing / Tool / 10,000 Days).

11 total tracks on the album “10,000 Days”
Tracks 1 - 11 in FLAC (not renamed via SongKong because this is in my existing Library)
Tracks 2 - 11 in mp3 (Renamed via SongKong Fix Songs)
Tracks 1,3,4,8 in WMA (Renamed via SongKong Fix Songs)
Track 8 in M4A (Renamed via SongKong Fix Songs)

Results from a Preview Only Duplication identified 4 files as duplicates. It retained MP3 versions of Track 3 and 4 and would delete or move WMA versions of Track 3 and 4.

Are there different configurations I need to make inside SongKong to achieve the result of only retaining the FLAC versions with the highest Bitrate?

Do I need to complete the Fix Songs function across my entire library prior to identifying the Duplicates?

attachments causing a 505 error on this page

Ran a second test where I completed the Fix Files on all songs in the SongKong Testing folder prior to completing the Find Duplicates function.

Using the same album shown in the previous example:

11 total tracks on the album “10,000 Days”
Tracks 1 - 11 in FLAC (Renamed via SongKong Fix Songs)
Tracks 2 - 11 in mp3 (Renamed via SongKong Fix Songs)
Tracks 1,3,4,8 in WMA (Renamed via SongKong Fix Songs)
Track 8 in M4A (Renamed via SongKong Fix Songs)

Results from a Preview Only Duplication identified 11 files as duplicates.
MP3 tracks to be deleted 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,11
WMA tracks to be deleted 3,4,8
M4A track to be deleted 8

The following tracks were not identified as duplicates:
MP3 - Track 6,10
WMA - Track 1

What information can I provide to assist in tracking down the issue and help improve the software?

Hi Phil

There are four things to consider here

1. You do need to run Fix Songs first (and not in preview mode) for most of the Delete Duplicate methods to work because they depend on AcoustId/MusicBrainz Ids being in the songs.
  2. You have done that but because you put all three albums in one folder that is going to make it much harder than it would have been to match the song correctly to three different versions of the same album so that hasnt helped.
  3. Also Fix Songs no longer always need to create an acoustid, but these maybe needed for Delete Duplicates. You can force Fix Songs to always create AcoustIds by enabling Match:Force Acoustid Fingerprint even if already matched
  4. There are different ways to identify duplicates songs, depends on what is set as Song is a Duplicate If option, Would be best if you run Create Support Files then I should be able to work out why they have not all be found.