SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Delete Duplicate Songs broken

I want to use SongKong to delete duplicate files. Here are the steps I’m following:

• Click the Delete Duplicate Songs
  • Choose a profile, I just leave it at default and click Start
  • Delete Duplicate Songs pops up.
  • I click the Start button and nothing happens. No matter what options I pick, nothing happens when I click start.

I’m using SongKong 10.1 Placebo, Build Version 1158 (12/Dec/2023) on Windows 11.
Currently I have the Lite license - if it would show me the changes it will make I would buy the product but currently it does nothing.

Hmm please run Create Support Files so I can check your log files.

1 Like

I’ve run the Create Support Files task. I assume that uploaded the files to you somehow?

I have received support files but they are from a Melco server with a problem related to Edit Songs so I dont think that is you ?

I dont see why it wouldn’t work but the manual approach on WIndows would be to go to C:\Users\**username**\AppData\Roaming\SongKong\Logs (where username is your user) zip up that folder and email support@jthink.net

Thanks for emailing support files, okay there is a silly bug recently introduced when trying to use Delete Duplicates in Lite mode. I cannot fix it today but you can get round issue by changing the value of Song is a Duplicate if has same from Same song and same album (metadata only) and sounds the same

to either Same song (metadata only) and sounds the same or Same song (metadata only) or Same song and same album (metadata only).

You cannot use the other options in trial mode they will give same error.

Also installing a license will resolve issue, I will release a fix for this issue as soon as I can.

Okay its fixed in this release, merry xmas