SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Database Corrupted Message - Ubuntu

It appears that SongKong is having issues on my Ubuntu PC, I am using it as “Remote”.

I started a job and the browser didn’t respond as expected, it flashed quickly and displayed an old report without performing the job. I checked the via ssh and saw an error message regarding the database being corrupted. I have submitted support files at about 15:20 pacific time today. I have not yet deleted the database files, I just restarted SongKong remote and it processed the next job just fine. FYI I have manually changed the username shown in the error message pasted below.

Can you advise on what to do next?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ReportId:129
Songs Report is:/home/robem/.songkong/Reports/FixSongsReport00129/FixSongsReport00129.html
Start Fixing Songs
Database /home/robem/.songkong/Prefs/Database appears corrupt it needs to be recreated or restored from backup
Please restore an older version, or delete the Database folder so that SongKong can create a new database next time it is started

I checked your logs and it does appear the internal database file is courrpted so the easiest thing to do is to exit SongKong, delete folder

/home/robem/.songkong/Prefs/Database

and rerun

Deleting the database will not affect your metadata in any way, the only effect you might notice is loading the files and fixing will initially be a bit slower because cannot use the database cache.